cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strix SOAR many issues

rsciba23
Level 7
Hello everyone,

To give some quick background I have had my Strix SOAR card since 2016. It worked perfectly fine with Sonic Studio II software till about a few months ago.

The problems I am having is that when I boot windows I just see a red "x" over my speaker icon for a while. Then after about 5-10mins my speakers work fine again and I hear the "click" from my soundcard that it recognizes them.

I have tried multiple drivers aka Sonic Studio versions since you have to d/l the whole package. I have even tried using multiple ASMedia drivers as I heard something about those causing issues for some.

I have uninstalled/removed the card.

To me it must be a combination of drivers and windows.. its the only thing I can figure out. When I contacted ASUS support I was not given much help. First they asked me to do all the things I have already done. Then the directed me to the QVL for my Motherboard (which is a Maximus Hero ASUS board by the way) to tell me that it is not on the list. So it "may" not work properly with my board. If that was the case it wouldn't have worked for almost 1 year before I had issues.

At this point I'm ready to pull it out and go back to my SoundblasterZ to see if updated drivers are now working better (which is why I replaced that card).

For my specs:

Windows 10 Pro (latest updates)
Maximus IX Hero mobo w/7700k cpu @4500 but not o/c
16gb ddr4 3200 ram
Geforce 1070
750w EVGA PSU
ASUS ROG GSYNC Monitor
Acer monitor as 2nd

I included the monitors since they have sound as well just in case I missed something.

I'm guessing I won't get much help from ASUS but maybe someone out there is having similar issues?

**also these issues have been before the Fall Creators Update in case anyone wonders.
9 REPLIES 9

edeltraut2k
Level 7
rsciba23 wrote:
Hello everyone,

To give some quick background I have had my Strix SOAR card since 2016. It worked perfectly fine with Sonic Studio II software till about a few months ago.

The problems I am having is that when I boot windows I just see a red "x" over my speaker icon for a while. Then after about 5-10mins my speakers work fine again and I hear the "click" from my soundcard that it recognizes them.

I have tried multiple drivers aka Sonic Studio versions since you have to d/l the whole package. I have even tried using multiple ASMedia drivers as I heard something about those causing issues for some.

I have uninstalled/removed the card.

To me it must be a combination of drivers and windows.. its the only thing I can figure out. When I contacted ASUS support I was not given much help. First they asked me to do all the things I have already done. Then the directed me to the QVL for my Motherboard (which is a Maximus Hero ASUS board by the way) to tell me that it is not on the list. So it "may" not work properly with my board. If that was the case it wouldn't have worked for almost 1 year before I had issues.

At this point I'm ready to pull it out and go back to my SoundblasterZ to see if updated drivers are now working better (which is why I replaced that card).

For my specs:

Windows 10 Pro (latest updates)
Maximus IX Hero mobo w/7700k cpu @4500 but not o/c
16gb ddr4 3200 ram
Geforce 1070
750w EVGA PSU
ASUS ROG GSYNC Monitor
Acer monitor as 2nd

I included the monitors since they have sound as well just in case I missed something.

I'm guessing I won't get much help from ASUS but maybe someone out there is having similar issues?

**also these issues have been before the Fall Creators Update in case anyone wonders.

Hi there,

I have the same issue. After Windows10 Fall Creators Update my Soar is not recognized after a cold boot. I'm using the latest driver 1.1.18 and tried it with the whql 1.1.13 already -> same issue. I also tried to restart the windows services after a cold boot (Windows Audio Service & AudioEndpointbuildert). Nothing worked for me. I also checked Bios Settings...
I only can fix the problem with restarting my PC after a cold boot with a warm boot but i have to wait for 1 mins after cold booting.

My specs are:

Windows 10 Home 64 bit on a Samsung 830 SSD
MSI Z170A M5 w/ 6800k cpu oc'ed
16gb G.e.I.L. DDR4 3000
Aorus Geforce 1080ti extreme (no matter if NVIDIA Output is activated or deactivated)
Enermax Platimax 600W PSU
ASUS ROG PG348Q Monitor (no matter if sound is activated or deactivated)

I've heard about to deinstall Fall Creators Update to fix the Problem but this is not an option for me atm.

If someone has a solution to fix this please let us know 🙂

still have this issue... there is no update for win10 or soar driver

I have the same problem for a week with this card, someone found a solution to this problem?

Do you tried to reinstall Asmedia drivers? Try to:
1.Uninstall Sonic studio & Asmedia usb drivers
2.Reboot
3. Install latest Asmedia usb driver
4. Reboot
5. Install Sonic Studio
6. Reboot

exwound wrote:
Do you tried to reinstall Asmedia drivers? Try to:
1.Uninstall Sonic studio & Asmedia usb drivers
2.Reboot
3. Install latest Asmedia usb driver
4. Reboot
5. Install Sonic Studio
6. Reboot

I also tried this but it did not do anything, problem only appears when the computer is not run for hours

Asus will finally fix the problems with this card or should I just pack this piece of electronic scrap into the box and give it back for guarantees ?, because I tested carte on clean w7 64bit and the problem is the more serious card now in the system does not detect at all, I can not even install drivers

Still same issue... i tried to install latest asmedia usb3.1 driver for windows10 64bit and tried to reinstall sonicstudio... its still the issues since windows 10 fall creators update.

edeltraut2k wrote:
Still same issue... i tried to install latest asmedia usb3.1 driver for windows10 64bit and tried to reinstall sonicstudio... its still the issues since windows 10 fall creators update.

Try running your 6800k and everything else at stock. Reinstall Windows if necessary after reverting to stock speeds.

SeBo1020 wrote:
Asus will finally fix the problems with this card or should I just pack this piece of electronic scrap into the box and give it back for guarantees ?, because I tested carte on clean w7 64bit and the problem is the more serious card now in the system does not detect at all, I can not even install drivers

Is your system overclocked?
Have you tried different PCIe slots?
Did you populate all/more slots recently?