cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strix RAID DLX, Control Box stops working - "nhAsusStrixSVC32.exe program error"

Massive
Level 9

Have had Asus Strix raid DLX for close to 9 years already. Last few weeks I got an error whenever i started up my Sonic Studio with the information:

Sonic Studio v.1.1.23
Sound Card FW v1.03
Control Box FW v1.14

"nhAsusStrixSvc32.exe Program Error
Instructions in 0x00000000774BF491 referred to the memory at the adress 0x0000000000EC1FB8. Memory could not be read.

Click Ok to terminate the program"

Link to the error picture: https://ibb.co/sm7Zp3n

If i click Yes, then the Strix Raid Control Box no longer responds/works whenever i click the physical "change input" key, nor the "Raid mode" button. However, if I just ignore the error message and let the window persist, then the Control Box will work as normal. The sound/microphone works as normally (plugged into the box) regardless, and I'm still able to change the output "digitally" by changing the output through the Sonic Studio menu.

Every time i re-open Sonic Studio, the error will re-occur within seconds.

I've tried to uninstall and re-install Sonic Studio. I've tried the Sonic Studio v1.1.22 as well. If i start the Control Box flash firmware the it will say error no control box found.

I run the latest Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit.
Version: 10.0.19045 Build 19045

Error also occurs when i run Windows in safe-mode..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Massive
Level 9

Thanks for suggestions, but ASUS Tech Support came up with a solution that worked for me. I'll post it here, so hopefully others can enjoy the same solution 🙂

Asus tech:
"In this case, it's highly probable that it's a windows update that is causing a software conflict here then, as this have been the culprit in similar cases (albeit some time ago now). Also a recent Windows 11 build had this issue that is being worked on as well. You can however try a temporary solution for this as shown below here:

1. Right click the app "Sonic Studio", and choose "Properties"

2. Launch "Compatibility" tab, and choose "Windows 7 (or 8/8.1)" as the "Compatibility mode"

3. Click "Apply" to save the setting, and try again.

Massive_1-1682461992234.png

If this do not work, you can also try and uninstall the latest windows KB updates as shown in this article: https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1013598/#Win10_A2 You then choose the updates that have been installed in the timeframe since the problem arose, and see if this fixes this issue. "

The latest line worked for me. I followed the instructions and found the corresponding dated Windows Patch, that was installed around the same time i first recognized this issue. For me it was named: KB5025221. Only uninstalling this one, fixed (for now!) the entire problem 🙂

Massive_0-1682461941806.png

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Nate152

Hello Massive

That error message could be a sign of unstable memory.

Try with the bios at default settings and see if the error message disappears.

Massive
Level 9

Thanks for suggestions, but ASUS Tech Support came up with a solution that worked for me. I'll post it here, so hopefully others can enjoy the same solution 🙂

Asus tech:
"In this case, it's highly probable that it's a windows update that is causing a software conflict here then, as this have been the culprit in similar cases (albeit some time ago now). Also a recent Windows 11 build had this issue that is being worked on as well. You can however try a temporary solution for this as shown below here:

1. Right click the app "Sonic Studio", and choose "Properties"

2. Launch "Compatibility" tab, and choose "Windows 7 (or 8/8.1)" as the "Compatibility mode"

3. Click "Apply" to save the setting, and try again.

Massive_1-1682461992234.png

If this do not work, you can also try and uninstall the latest windows KB updates as shown in this article: https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1013598/#Win10_A2 You then choose the updates that have been installed in the timeframe since the problem arose, and see if this fixes this issue. "

The latest line worked for me. I followed the instructions and found the corresponding dated Windows Patch, that was installed around the same time i first recognized this issue. For me it was named: KB5025221. Only uninstalling this one, fixed (for now!) the entire problem 🙂

Massive_0-1682461941806.png

Nate152

Awesome,

Good to see it was an easy fix by uninstalling an update. Well, I shouldn't say easy because that can be hard to track down.

Thank you for your detailed information and providing your solution.

Sorry for hijacking the thread, but I'm going through the same problems. It seems that specific update was replaced a few times (KB5025297) (KB5026361) and (KB5026435). Uninstalling them didn't change anything. The new beta drivers didn't help either. Is there anything else I could try? Thanks in advance.

Massive
Level 9

With the newest windows patch that came today, Sonic Studio and the physical inputs are working correctly again 🙂

I only got Windows Defender updates. What Windows version are you using? I'd like to know the KB number for the updates you got, if you don't mind sharing. Thanks!

Massive_0-1688599066473.png

I'm not entirely sure if i deleted any KB katches as i kind of lost track, but this is my windows patch history and its seemingly working fine for me now 🙂

I didn't get an email notification this time, so I didn't see your message. Sorry about that.

Mine still won't work, even after a couple rounds of updates since your post. The latest update you got (KB5023696) dates to March 14th. 

Oh well, it's worked by uninstalling the latest Security Patch, but at this point its reverted every time i get Windows Update, and i cant be bothered with redoing this every single time. Sadly no long-term fix as off now..