cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I finally got a response from Asus ROG on Facebook regarding the Phoebus!!!

dedaciai
Level 10

So after a bit too much work on my part I got this. By now I am sure most of you are super frustrated, but hang in there...
Intel Core 3930K at 4.25GHz
Asus Rampage IV Extreme BIOS 1404
Crucial M4 SSD 256GB
EVGA GTX 570 SC 2-Way SLI @ 822/2000/1.038V 24/7 Drivers: WHQL 301.42
2 Caviar Black 1TB HDD
Asus XONAR Phoebus
Corsair H100 (p/p)
Corsair Vengance RAM 16GB @1600MHz
Enermax 1350W PSU
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
3 REPLIES 3

Sekin
Level 7
I hope it's for this week...

Thanks dedaciai, that is the only method I didn't try to date to find out what is going on. Although brief, we now know what Asus are doing about this situation. Just hope it fixes the kicks from BF3 for ALL of us and we can love our new soundcard again.

Asus soundcards are all amazing - very strange the ROG Phoebus has badly let them down this time. Hope perseverance wins in the end to reap the rewards. Overall, this situation thus far doesn't explain why the soundcard was kicking us from Battlefield 3, would like to see this explained in the driver notes.

No solutions in meanwhile from ongoing support of EA or Asus. EA more technical focused while Asus are giving the standard tech responses that I've already completed but follow it anyway. Come on Asus, we know it's the drivers and not everyone's PC hardware or minimal running software. Please tell your Support guys that 😉

Quick side-note: they need to fix the volume not responding correctly in UI software with hardware controller - switch from headphones to surround sound mode and see the volume in the top right not responding correctly.
Intel Core i7-2600K @4.6GHz custom-H20 | Asus P8P67-Deluxe Rev. 03 | Asus ROG Xonar Phoebus | POV-TGT GTX680-SLI U.C. | Corsair GT 2x120GB (RAID0) | Corsair Vengeance 4x4GB @1866MHz | Corsair HX850 | HDD1: WD C.B. 2TB (games/programs); HDD2: WD C.B. 2TB (Fraps) | Win7 Home Premium x64 SP1

@ SMiThaYe

No prob! I was starting to get really tired of not hearing anything from anybody on these forums while the "Problems with Xonar Phoebus" thread started to fill up with posts from new users that the Phoebus was not working for them in pretty much every MP online game. I figured I would respectfully find every outlet to contact Asus in and do it. The FB page was kind of a last resort since I am not a fan of FB for the most part. We all bought $200 soundcard in the hopes that it was going to do what it was supposed to do and that's to play the sound in games to the max. * Here's to hoping the Asus Xonar Team comes out with a kick butt driver! *

In my case, I am just using the MS UAA drivers for the time being since I, for some reason, can't update to the driver posted on 05/24 and I can't reinstall the drivers from the disc....I guess my system hates these drivers. 😛 I don't want to have to do a fresh reinstall of W7 just to try an reinstall the old drivers....will wait and see how the new drivers fair when the are out.
Intel Core 3930K at 4.25GHz
Asus Rampage IV Extreme BIOS 1404
Crucial M4 SSD 256GB
EVGA GTX 570 SC 2-Way SLI @ 822/2000/1.038V 24/7 Drivers: WHQL 301.42
2 Caviar Black 1TB HDD
Asus XONAR Phoebus
Corsair H100 (p/p)
Corsair Vengance RAM 16GB @1600MHz
Enermax 1350W PSU
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit