cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best test for Windows 8 64 compatibility.

Cageymaru
Level 7
Microsoft is giving away free copies of Workaholics Season One for Windows 8, XBOX Live, and Windows Phone users. Go to the XBOX Live link and sign in to get it for free. I opted for the HD stream. Then fire up your XBOX video app that ships with Windows 8 64.

If you can get it to play please tell me how. I believe that Protected Audio kicks in and kills any chance of me seeing the shows. Please fix this issue Asus.

Thank you.
3 REPLIES 3

KILLER_K
Level 10
There is no WHQL drivers for windows 8. So this is the issue from that, can't play protected media. There was a registry hack that was posted. But since no drivers has been released for the sound card in over a years span but 2 beta drivers. I removed mine as I felt it was a waste of $200 dollars and not getting support from Asus. Hopefully this will fix your issue.

Registry fix.

Disable protection mode for audio in windows 8

Run Regedit and change this registry key:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Audio]
"DisableProtectedAudioDG"=dword:00000001

Set the value from "1" to "0",

Official/Unofficial? Beta Tester For The Asus Pheobus ROG Xonar 2012 - 2013

Cageymaru
Level 7
Now Windows completely bypasses all of the Asus Phoebus modules and outputs everything in what I would describe as 32k mp3 quality. Meaning Dolby EQ and everything doesn't work. Is there a better solution than everything sounding like 100 tin cans dropping off the bed of a moving truck?

🙂

KILLER_K
Level 10
I'm not aware of anything else to do, except wait for the driver. Raja stated there would be anew driver released soon. Maybe you can hold out a little longer on the wait. If not return the card and buy something else.

Official/Unofficial? Beta Tester For The Asus Pheobus ROG Xonar 2012 - 2013