cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Help with RT-AC86u

woto214
Level 7
Hey guys

This is my first post on here hope someone can help please – I have just purchased my first ASUS router RT-AC86u – Been having a lot of problems with the WiFi – what is happening that sometimes the WiFi would just drop right of till there was no internet – I have altered settings in the router and testing if that is better – I have found that turning off the Smart Connect helps but I kept the SSID the same name but then found that it dropped off again – I renamed the 2.4Ghz and the 5Ghz so they are both separate now what I’m finding with the 2.4Ghz is that it’s very slow only getting 9Mbps down and the range isn’t as good as the 5Ghz which it should be the other way round – I have contacted ASUS support but it’s such a long process back and forth – I wondered if anyone has had a problem like this and point me in the right direction

Thanks for any help
4 REPLIES 4

wilsondenq
Level 10
Please make sure you have update to the latest version firmware https://www.asus.com/Networking-IoT-Servers/WiFi-Routers/ASUS-WiFi-Routers/RT-AC86U/HelpDesk_BIOS/

wilsondenq wrote:
Please make sure you have update to the latest version firmware https://www.asus.com/Networking-IoT-Servers/WiFi-Routers/ASUS-WiFi-Routers/RT-AC86U/HelpDesk_BIOS/

Hi - Thats the first thing I did to check the firmware - what I have found is that if I turn off Smart Connect and have the 2.4GHz and 5GHz separate names it seems to be ok - I have tried Smart connect off and both the Wi-Fi names the same and that drops right off

wilsondenq
Level 10
do you send feedback to asus? let me know your email PM

wilsondenq wrote:
do you send feedback to asus? let me know your email PM
Â*

Hi - been away for a few days got back and had no WiFi on both 2.4GHz and 5GHz - had to reboot then it came back - Â*I have been talking to Asus support they said return it to the retailer as it should work - told them all the setup I had done - been backwards and forwards with emails for the past 4 to 5 weeks nowÂ*