cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with GT-axe11000

trongate
Level 7

Hi There

Got this last week,  really only for the 6e features.

so far its headache after headache,

1, Have a 6e gaming laptop,   first connect router   turned off smart connect,

set laptop to 6mhz  all good speeds around 730Mbps over wifi (1000Mbps profile)

at this point  my my 3x nst cameras , 1x doorbell  1x floodlight, 1x indoor,   while connected

all 3 kept dropping connection every few seconds.   annoying as **** driving me crazy,

at this point I enable smart connect,  with smart connect enabled  ALL 3 devices keep dropping connection

still but maybe every 5 10 minutes,    but at this point  My laptop no longer connects to wifi 6e  only 5mhz,

also at this point 3 other wifi hello lights that were working with previous 2 routers wont connect at all,

im ready for binning it,

if id known a £500 router only gets no telephone support i would have refused to buy it,

11 REPLIES 11

jzchen
Level 14

What firmware version?  Latest is 3.0.0.4.388.22525

Have you tried SmartConnect 2.4 and 5 GHz only?  (Leave 6 GHz separate, but same SSID and password)?

WPA2/WPA3 Personal for 2.4 and 5 GHz

WPA3 Personal for 6 GHz

btw-  I found this phone number (although it wasn’t too easy to find): 01442-265548

Saltgrass
Level 13

Have looked at the network properties and checked what the Wi-Fi link rates are?

I am a little different, I don't run Smart Connect and I have different SSIDs for each network.

If the devices are dropping the connection, perhaps something in the Router's Log would help, although the logs are not that easy to understand.

I would suggest simplifying the system as much as possible, for testing.  Bring all devices in close proximity, as much as possible.

Look around for possible sources of interference.   With some frequencies, using a Microwave might interrupt the signal.

If you live in a congested area, like an apartment building, others may be interfering.

The higher the radio frequency, the shorter the reliable distance.  All of the Iot device may need to be kept on the 2.4 Ghz network.

Do the devices lose the connection related to any type of time frame or time of day?

It sounds like you might want to do a Wi-Fi survey for you home?

Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

Hi There

Thanks for reply main issue is my 3 nest cameras dropping connection every few minutes when wifi 6 is enabled,

Ive test 3 different routers all 3 cameras work perfect no disconnections  at all,

its totally bizzare my cameras arent even far away from router

4 feet away  another 6 feet away and another 10 feet away.

Ive google and seems ive made a HUGE mistake buying this router has loads of issues and terrible support,

support replied today and told be they had server issue and thats why cameras keep dropping connection

piad £500 forf a router and get mickey mouse support

thanks for reply,,  that looks like a good soloution for some routers i guess,

within this router in securiy 6Mhz  only has 2 Options,     WPA3  or Enhansed open,     it doesnt allow to drop to WPA2

WiFi 6 uses 5 GHz, WiFi 6E uses 6 GHz.  You want to watch the WPA settings for older IoT.  (For me our iPad Air2 does not support WPA3).  Even if you SmartConnect all, 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz, and 6 GHz then 6 GHz will default to WPA3.  2.4 GHz and 5 GHz I suggest you try WPA2/WPA3 choice.  (I think WPA3 is default but I am not sure as I have an AC node and so mine defaults WPA2/WPA3.  Do you know which frequency Nest uses?

the  reason for buying this device was for  wifi 6e,

i have 3 devices connected to 6e

2x s23

1x laptop

the nest cameras connect at 2,4ghz

its not isolated to be its a known issue,   ASUS router are  RUBBISH with anything else apart from gaming

https://www.google.com/search?q=nest+camera+keeps+losing+internet+connection+asus+axe11000&rlz=1C1ON...

@Saltgrass and I both have this router.  We are trying to help you change settings to get it to work properly.

In ASUSwrt (web GUI) once you sign in on the left there is Advanced below that select Wireless.  General tab should be selected automatically.  Here you can Enable Smart Connect and choose 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz boxes.  Below for Authentication Method select WPA2/WPA3-Personal.  For 6 GHz further below Authentication Method it should default to WPA3-Personal.

There is a Professional tab to the right of General.  Select Professional.  For Band choose 2.4 GHz.  Below verify Target Wake Time is set to Disable.

for 2.4Ghz and 5ghz  both are set to WPA2 personal   

6Ghz   is limited to 2  options  WPA3 or enhanced open

target wait is already set to disable,