cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GT-AXE11000 Firmware Bugs 3.0.0.4.388_20499

TrickMasterPC
Level 10
I'm reporting two reproduceable bugs in firmware version 3.0.0.4.388_20499 for the GT-AXE11000 Router

• 6E only available on router, not on AiMesh nodes.
  • Turning Off/On internet access to grouped devices through the Asus Router mobile app does not work.

If you roll-back to the previous firmware version the two issues outlined above no longer occur, so these issues are definitively firmware related.

Bug 1) I have two GT-AXE11000 routers. One as the primary router, the second as an AiMesh Node operating on a dedicated ethernet backhaul. After upgrading both devices to firmware version 3.0.0.4.388_20499, performing a factory reset and full reconfig from scratch, no device is able to connect over 6e to the AiMesh Node. All 6e capable devices will only connect to the router itself, binding makes no difference. If I roll the firmware back to the previous version then all devices are able to connect to the AiMesh Node over 6e and roaming between the two APs will transition the 6e device without issue. This bug only affects 6e, not 5GHz or 2.4GHz. There was a previous firmware version 3.0.0.4.386.42489 released in March of 2021 that had this exact same bug, so it's not new, it's simply been re-introduced in version 3.0.0.4.388_20499

Bug 2) The Asus Router mobile app version 1.0.0.7.35 on Android doesn't seem to like the new firmware that much. If you have kids, then you're likely using the device grouping capability with internet access scheduling or simply toggling on/off internet for your kids. Either way, if you want to toggle internet access On or Off for grouped devices using the mobile app there's no indication that access has been disabled, but if you log into the router itself you can see clearly that all of those devices have been blocked. The app does not reflect this. If you use the app to unblock access for the devices nothing happens. The only way to unblock them is one by one while logged into the router through your browser. Now, if you roll the router firmware back to the previous version this issue magically goes away which tells me it's not specific to the Mobile App itself, but rather the firmware.

Can anyone else confirm? Was anyone else able to find a workaround to these issues without rolling back to a previous firmware version?

Motherboard: ASUS ROG Rampage V Edition 10
CPU: Intel 6950x 4.2GHz
GPU: 2x Nvidia ASUS RTX 3090 with EK Water Blocks
Memory: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4x8GB) 3,600 MHz
M.2 SSD: Samsung 960 Pro NVMEI
Sound: Creative XFI Fatal1ty Champion Series
PSU: Corsair AX1200i
0 REPLIES 0