cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GT-AC2900 Feedback

Silicon_Rage
Level 8
I just purchased a gt-ac2900 about a week ago. I went out on a limb as I can not find any reviews or find feedback from people who own these routers. There is only the press reviews and that does not really help. I was just wondering if anybody on this forum owns one and what their experience with it was? I have mine running aimesh with a rt-ac-68u and so far it's great. I just need to know if there any problems I should be aware of before my return window closes.
1 REPLY 1

Silicon_Rage
Level 8
In the interests of full disclosure, I must say that I am returning the GT-AC2900 and replacing it with a GT-AC5300. The reason, for the current price of the 2900 the 5300 is on sale for $30 more. In my mind it's a no brainier! Now, there is no Merritt being taken away from the 2900 it's just in a odd price category and if Asus wants to continue to get sales they need to reavaulate their pricing. Now that that is out of the way I would like to leave my feedback of the 2900. The 2900 has been stable, fast, great wifi coverage, and been Rock solid in a ai mesh system with one other RT-AC68u. The latest firmware for the 2900 has made the GUI slow and sometimes unresponsive. Besides that, it's been great. I could honestly recommend the 2900 IF the firmware gets sorted out and the price is set for a better value!