cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fix: 2.4Ghz, "not mesh client", "can't update it's ip" and "already exist in UDB"

david_mckee1
Level 7
Hopefully, this helps everyone having the same frustrating experience as me. I've had endless issues with my Asus setup for years but as of today, I'm 100% happy!!!

I've fully eliminated the following issues:

• 2.4Ghz issues. Limited connectivity, no connections, unable to connect and extremely low bandwidth.
  • Log errors: "not mesh client, can't update it's ip"
  • Log errors: already exist in UDB, can't add it

To fix all three issues, here's what I did. I don't know exactly which change fixed each specific issue but as I said above, I'm 100% happy now with no connection errors or random freezes.

• Disable all guest networks.
  • Toggle off the "Traffic Analyzer - Statistic" option on the Traffic Analyzer page.

I'll delete my other two posts looking for help and find fining the solution. I help this helps others. I also did send a note to the Asus team.

My setup information:
Ranging between 70-105 devices connected to our network at any given time. 60% wired/40% wireless.

The latest firmware's on all nodes are now being used.

My Network
• AT&T Fiber 1G
○ Pace 5268AC
• Routers / AiMesh Nodes
○ GT-AX11000 (Currently running as the primary router)
○ ASUS RT-AX89X AX6000 (Mesh)
○ 4X ZenWiFi AX AX6600 (Mesh)
○ RT-AX58U (Mesh)
○ RT-AC5300 (Mesh)
○ Nokia SS2FII (4G LTE CellSpot)
• Switches
○ MikroTik 12-Port 10G Switch with Dual Power Supply CRS312-4C+8XG-RM
○ ASUS XG-U2008 Unmanaged 2-Port 10G, 8-Port Gigabit Switch
○ 2X TP-Link 24 Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch TL-SG1024S
○ TP-Link 16 Port Gigabit Ethernet Network Switch TL-SG116
○ TP-Link TL-SG108 | 8 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Network Switch
○ TP-Link TL-SG105 | 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Network Switch
○ TRENDnet 8-Port Unmanaged 2.5G Switch, TEG-S380
○ Asustor 5 Port 2.5G Unmanaged Ethernet Network Switch ASW205T
5 REPLIES 5

ahfoo
Level 13
If it working well, just ignored it. It may just appear some hard coded issue.It just some devide bounding with some specifc device. As long there is an issue. If you want just reset your router. I got this since last two firmware update for my AX11000.

ahfoo wrote:
If it working well, just ignored it. It may just appear some hard coded issue.It just some devide bounding with some specifc device. As long there is an issue. If you want just reset your router. I got this since last two firmware update for my AX11000.

That's the point, the network never worked well for me and many others. The errors looked to coincide with random freezing and limited connectivity, not to mention the 2.4ghz bands being unusable. I researched the errors and crashed numerous times over the past few years and found countless threads on these forums along with Redditt, AnandTech, and many others. None had a solution that worked. I even tried getting help from Asus a couple of times with no resolution, only more frustration. The last time they told me I have too many AiMesh nodes which I didn't agree with at all. All good now!

ahfoo
Level 13
Can you perfotm a factory hard rset to and reconfiured. Please refer to Asus website for your router model for instruction on how to perform factory reset of your router.

ahfoo wrote:
Can you perfotm a factory hard reset to and reconfiured. Please refer to Asus website for your router model for instruction on how to perform factory reset of your router.

What are you talking about? And Why? I just finished doing a factory reset on all 6 nodes and the primary AX11000. Afterwhich I had the same issues I've always had when fully set up. ie, guest network enabled, and traffic monitoring toggled on. Once changed, I'm all good. These same complaints/issues are all over the internet. I'm hoping my solution helps others with the same problems.

Astin_
Level 7

Just turn off the support wifi6 ax for 2.4 gz. 

If your device disconnect every 3 hours and cant reconnect before the reloading mesh, turn of WWM APSD in pro wifi settings.