cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client list maximums for Parental Controls

JATGFU
Level 7
I have a GT-AC5300 I have been using, but the 16 client device limit for Parental Controls has been woefully inadequate. I seem to recall that I researched this issue and saw the next gen AX routers woudld support 64 clients, but I cannot confirm this in the GT-AX1100 operations manual.

I recently added an RT-AX92U on the false memory that it would support more devices but this is not the case. I have the RT-AX92U setups as the primary router and the GT-AC5300 as an AiMeshe node, but I can only control 16 devices.

Can anyone confirm if the new ROG router supports 64 devices or if the Merlin firmware will? I do need to be able to control this with the mobile app as well so that my wife and I can control these devices from our phone.

Please any links or recommendations are appreciated!
4 REPLIES 4

Skuggan
Level 7

Digging up an old post that didnt get any reply, I have need to add far more than 16 units for my kids, I have a large family with 6 children and each kid have many units.

Before I buy a new Asus router again I need to know how many units the routers support.

Anyone know?

Yes, absolutely, each device is designed for a certain number of connections, so it is better to know the details before buying, because you can not just increase the number of connections

jzchen
Level 14

I’m afraid I was hit or miss on this but it seems the higher/highest end models support 64 profiles.  The other ones I checked did not specify how many, sadly.  (I’m looking at the drop down “Tech Specs” link, under “Parental Control”, on random models that came to mind).

Thank you, thats what I discovered aswell, but the lack of manuals for many models wasnt of any help when buying new one.

I ended up buying a RT-AX88U Pro.