cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AXE16000 show no internet connection

Pezhan
Level 7
Hello everyone.
I just upgraded from a 68U to an AXE16000. Everything was fine until I noticed that the router again shows me that it does not have an internet connection, although there is. This problem also happened to me on my RT-AC68U but I never had a solution.
In the update section, the router cannot check that there is a new firmware, since for this router, there is no internet connection.

4 REPLIES 4

jzchen
Level 14
Hard reset it, then try to set it up again.

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1039078

If it's still unstable I'd verify your WAN side is okay with your ISP...

jzchen wrote:
Hard reset it, then try to set it up again.

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1039078

If it's still unstable I'd verify your WAN side is okay with your ISP...

Router in new, i recently configured. in my AC68U the problem was fixed only by installing Asus Merlin, so knowing this, the fault is from Asus OS

Saltgrass
Level 13
It doesn't look like you have the router connected from the modem/Gateway to the Primary Wan port. If you do, does Dashboard show a WAN IP address?

Some years ago, there may have been a requirement to impersonate a specific router MAC address. Does your ISP still require that?

If you have solved the situation, please advise.
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

AlanHell
Level 8
There are few things you can start to trouble shoot:
1- Broken DNS: Under WAN setting, if you enable DNSSEC, or any AD block DNS server that is not supported by your ISP, then you might not able to resolve the ping to test connection, which will result a disconnect status.
2- Broken DHCP service: When change router settings, your IP interface will be reset most of the time, however, it might not as for a new lease from your modern. You might want to set your DHCP query to "aggressive" that so it will always actively trying to get a new IP when this happens.
3- Wrong setting on the WAN port: both the 2.5G and 10G port can be used for WAN connection, make sure under "DUAL WAN" tab, you got the right port selected there.