cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AXE11000: Use 1G WAN port for LAN?

RedeemerOfSouls
Level 7
I have yet to figure out how to use both WAN Ethernet ports at the same time: one for WAN, and one for LAN. Can this be done? Here are the concrete scenarios I am interested in:

• 2.5G port as WAN, while the 1G WAN port as LAN;
  • Vice-versa: should the above scenario not work, at the very least I'd like to use the 1G WAN port for WAN, and the 2.5G port for LAN.

I've tried both, and I have not managed to make it work. As far as I can tell, there are plenty of instructions as to how to make them work in LAN/WAN Aggregation modes, though nothing on how to make them work one as WAN, and one as LAN.

Can I get some help please?
1 REPLY 1

jzchen
Level 14
My AXE11000 is set up as an AiMesh node. It is not connected via Ethernet to anything except the uplink, which is the 2.5 Gb Ethernet port. (I haven't used it with many of the more recent firmware updates as a main/primary router, so I'm not sure if there are any bugs with respect to that).

For setup I would connect your modem/ONT to the 2.5 Gb Ethernet port as you prefer. Then connect a computer via Ethernet to one of the 1 Gb LAN ports. Then run configuration setup. It should recognize the WAN 2.5 Gb Ethernet as WAN and setup appropriately. Then connect whatever device you want to the 1 Gb WAN port and it should work from experience.