cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible Battery Issues with ROG Azoth?

Kstr0
Level 7

I recently purchased the Azoth and I'm overall happy with the product however I've noticed that on a wired connection the power seems to intermittently cut out. I chalked this up to being plugged into a a USB switch however, even despite the battery showing as having 48% at the time. I the switched ot wireless mode using the 2.4GHz reciever and the battery looks to be draining quicker than I would expect.

I've attahced some screenshots of the problem. Notice the time in the task bar. Within 4 minutes the battery had drained 5%, we'll say that it's around 1% per minute, so at a max charge we are looking at an hour and 40 minutes give or take.  The product boasts around 2000 hours and I know that's with the lights off and OLED screen off but surely this is draining faster than expected considering...

Power levelPower levelPower level 2Power level 2OLED BrightnessOLED BrightnessLighting BrightnessLighting Brightness

Any advice would be appreciated. The keyboard is still well within warranty.

2 REPLIES 2

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @Kstr0 .

May I inquire about the specific scenario in which you have concerns about power consumption while using the ROG Azoth?
For example, does it occur after 4 minutes of idle time with a 5% power loss or during continuous usage for 4 minutes?
If possible, could you please provide the following information:
- the ROG Azoth is connected to a PC or a laptop?
Please share the complete model of the motherboard or laptop
- Armoury Crate version and a screen shot of the Armoury Crate Update Center
- contains a video that completely captures the problem's incidence and the surrounding environment

Thank you.

Koldunya
Level 7

adding my own two cents, months later (I found this on an internet search). I had my (brand new) Azoth plugged in all day at work and its battery was actually lower than when I started o.O I had it go down to 42% from 48% - The display indicates it's charging; I thought that maybe the laptop it's plugged into wasn't supplying enough power. Brightness is at 50% and it turns off after a few minutes of no activity.

Only way I could get it to charge was to plug it in to a USB port w/ out an active computer. It charged to 100% that way; the screen only displayed the charging indicator w/ percent, and it started going up immediately. This is kinda dumb to not actually charge while plugged in and using it lol.

Yes it's set to USB and indicates USB on the display. It drops more using it plugged in than it does using the 2.4GHz wireless o.O

It is connected to a USB switch, however. Is it possible the switch is limiting power to the keyboard?

**edit** it's still showing 100% after being plugged in at work for 2 days... so maybe ignore me >_>