cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zephyrus g14 Ping spikes

Qusuto
Level 8

I have asus zephyrus g14 and lag spikes made me mad.I got a second laptop which is lenovo and it doesnt has the same ping spikes.in every 10 second my ping is going up to 300-400ms i want to fix it how can i fix

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

I Closed bluetooth and it is solved.But why this is like that when i open my bluetooth

View solution in original post

TShi
Level 7

If you haven't already done so, your first step should be to turn off Wi-Fi smartconnect on the MyAsus app. After a long few days of trying to figure it out this was the fix (for me at least). Wi-Fi smartconnect is in the customization menu if you're wondering. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi Qusuto,

I would like to check the following questions with you to confirm the situation you are currently experiencing, thank you.
1.May I ask how much bandwidth you are using and whether you are using wired or WI-FI connection?
2.If you are using a wired connection, I would like to confirm the Ethernet Cable Types (Cat X Cable)
3.The ping spikes happend in specific or any games?
4.Please confirm if your network driver has been updated to the latest version.
5.May I ask the Lenovo model and the network connection method ?

I Closed bluetooth and it is solved.But why this is like that when i open my bluetooth

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi Qusuto,

Thanks for your feedback.
When using wireless networks on a laptop, communication is established with the router.
When the Bluetooth function is turned on, the Bluetooth wireless communication function is also enabled,
and these wireless signals may interfere with the wireless network, causing PING spikes to occur.
The above information is provided for reference Thank you🙂

Qusuto
Level 8

İ use Wi-Fi both.it is in every game,lenovo ideapad 3 is the model of lenovo average mbs is 75 download 10 upload 

TShi
Level 7

If you haven't already done so, your first step should be to turn off Wi-Fi smartconnect on the MyAsus app. After a long few days of trying to figure it out this was the fix (for me at least). Wi-Fi smartconnect is in the customization menu if you're wondering. 

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @TShi ,

Thank you for your information sharing

MentalRay
Level 8

Move the SSD to another slot, it blocks Wi-Fi and overheats it.

it is solved if i turn off the bluetooth do you think its because of the placement of ssd

This may also help - Install the driver 22.30.1.1345 https://support.lenovo.com/vg/en/downloads/ds552064-mediatek-mt7921-wireless-lan-driver-for-windows-... In the device settings (in the device manager), select 802.11ax or 802.11n and install only 5G everywhere (there are a couple of points), disable aggressive roaming.