cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strix Scar17 2023 G733PY Black Screen issue & crashing

LaydeeT13
Level 8

I just bought my ASUS Strix Scar17 2023 G733PY Laptop on 5/22/23. I absolutely LOVE the laptop but ever since I got it straight out of the box it's been having a black screen issue. I will walk away from my laptop and when I come back the keyboard is lit but the screen is black. I can't do anything but force shut down and restart. With in the last 2 days, my laptop would shut down in the middle of gaming. The first day it shut down after a few hours of gaming. The 2-5th time between it shutting down got shorter and shorter. Today I came back to my laptop and the laptop was off. Plugged it in thinking the battery had died but it actually had 78%. Started gaming and within an hour and ten minutes into gaming my laptop shut off again. PLEASE HELP. I've updated to the latest BIOS 316, window's and nvidia are also all uptodate. 

10 REPLIES 10

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @LaydeeT13 ,

Apologize for the inconvenience caused.
I would like to confirm if you have installed or upgraded any hard drives or memory on your laptop. 
Please try removing any additional hardware to see if it resolves the issues you are experiencing.
Additionally, since you have recently purchased the machine, have you been in contact with the retailer?
If you still encounter any issues, please feel free to let us know. Thank you.

I have no additional hardward or upgrades to my laptop. I purchased it on 5/22/23. Straight out of the box it had those issues. The only thing I updated was the ASUS, Windows, nvidia and ROG Armour crate. My boyfriend realized the BIOS was old so he updated it to the most recent one 5/24/23. Now it seems to be working great. I had to put some setting down and so far the 2 issues has seem to be resolved. Thank you for your reply. 

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @LaydeeT13 ,

Thank you for the update. 
If you need any further assistance in the future, please feel free to let us know. Thank you.

Lucky streak of the computer not shutting down has finally come to an end. I started to gaming on it. Not even 1hr and my computer shut off twice. 

razenec
Level 9

I have the same issue, my laptop randomly restarts. my laptop randomly reboots. It can work for half a day, sometimes even for several days without reboots, but then it reboots again. I updated all the drivers, returned to their original state, nothing helps. It's very frustrating

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @razenec ,

I would like to confirm if you have noticed what software you were using when the restart occurred.
Additionally, I'd like to inquire if you have installed or replaced any hardware devices. If you have, please try reverting to the original factory hardware and perform some tests. 
The following link provides relevant troubleshooting steps for automatic restarts, which you may find useful:
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1046480/

If you have any other concerns, please feel free to let me know. Thank you.

can virtualization affect this? because i use vmware workstation often

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @razenec ,

If you encounter random restart issues while using VMware Workstation, it could possibly be caused by memory allocation problems. 

We recommend that you reach out to VMware's support services for further assistance. Thank you.

razenec
Level 9

hello, I guess I figured out how to make the laptop not reboot. It's been running for at least two weeks now. Most likely the problem is in the operating modes of the armoury crate program. It is better to set the power mode in Windows itself (i/e turbo mode)