cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Strix Scar 16 4090 HDR Black Screen

Bry279
Level 8

I’ve read on Reddit and here many others are encountering this problem. Where switching to HDR causes a black screen and having to reboot several times to get the computer back and running. All my drivers are up to date along with Bios 309.

Does anyone have a good solution to fix this problem or has ASUS acknowledged there is a HDR switching problem that causes a black screen and freeze? 

very frustrating to have such a major bug on this new laptop. I really don’t want to have to return it. 

5 REPLIES 5

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @Bry279 ,

Regarding the problem that the Nvidia official driver causes the black screen issue, we have received relevant feedback and are actively discussing with Nvidia . Until this moment please use the latest Nvidia driver version from ASUS website.

Please kindly pay attention to the Driver information on ASUS official website. We update drivers regularly to provide better user experience. 

Sedna66
Level 9

Thanks in advance. For us it is not an option to use controllers that are months old with the consequent diminished capacities for using them. We pray that someone gives us a real solution to this serious problem.

Vorie
Level 9

05/30/23 Update : no more black screen issue with the latest nvidia driver 535.98-notebook-win10-win11-64bit-international-dch-whql

I confirm that the problem has also been solved with that version 535.98 😊

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @Vorie@wwww ,

Thank you for yuor update😊