cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG FLOW X13 cannot connect to docking stations

viktorgspr
Level 7

I have recently purchased the x13, and I was trying to set it up for my dell K16A docking station. And to my surpise it doesnt work. It doesnt connect to any other dockig stations too, no matter If i use  regular USB C connector or Thunderbolt . I have just recently found out that laptop doesnt have thuderbolt connector. Of course I should have cheked it before ordering but naively I assumed that a thunderbolt port for a laptop at this price range would be a basic thing in 2023. - I am super angry now because cant use my laptop with my desk set up. There is only one USB on it so you can imagine the struggle. I understand that there are egpu options specificly for this laoptop but this is ourageous that I cannot use ANY other docks. Does anyone know a workaround this? 

4 REPLIES 4

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @viktorgspr ,

Since the K16A docking station only supports Thunderbolt connection, I would recommend considering the ROG XG Mobile (2022) as an alternative. 

The XG Mobile provides charging capabilities for the X13, along with USB expansion ports, an RJ45 Ethernet port, an SD card reader, and the ability to connect an external monitor. 

Please take this information into consideration. Thank you.

Hi @Anbby_ROG 

Thank you for summarizing my problem and promoting your gear as well. The stuff that you're mentioning is more than 2500 USD, I colud not even afford it, even if it was available in ANY online stores in my country. 

My problem is that my laptop is not compatible with any other docking stations no matter if simple USB-c or thunderbolt. My questions are:

- Why is the laptop not advertised in a way that its not compatible with any dock solutions other than the ROG XG

-Why there is no thunderbolt connector in a laptop thats made in 2022?

Really sorry, but I feel like I'm scammed. 

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @viktorgspr ,

Sorry for the late reply.

We understand your position and would like to explain the product design considerations in a tactful manner.

During the design and production of each product, we plan the corresponding specifications and features based on the product's positioning and target market. 
On our official website, we provide detailed product specifications and descriptions for customers' reference. 
We understand your need for Thunderbolt functionality, but we have confirmed that it cannot be added through subsequent updates.

We sincerely appreciate your valuable feedback, and we will pass it on to the relevant departments for consideration in order to better understand and meet customers' needs in future product designs. We are committed to providing users with a better user experience and continuously improving our products .

Thank you for your support and understanding.

mattjackson
Level 7

I have found some success with connecting to a docking station if you put it into Eco Mode.  My guess is it's somehow an issue with graphics processing.  but I can connect on Eco Mode.