cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus x571GT Laptop Suddenly Shuts Down

djkomic
Level 9

Hello!

I have an Asus x571GT, and 7 days ago my laptop suddenly shut down twice within the span of 3 hours. Without warning. Both times it rebooted and at the Windows loading screen it said it had a errors on the C drive. 

I go to the C drive, Right Click > Tools > Error checking and it said it had an error. I fix the error and for 7 days, it worked fine until tonight when it shut down abruptly again. 
However, booting back up again, it didn't say any errors on the Windows loading screen and both Hard Drives are working fine (after the error check).

BUT, I did notice this time, that before each abrupt shutdown, I received a notification on my screen saying that the laptop was switching to the battery, before quickly switching to the power supply. Tonight, and last week, I received that notification and within 10min, the laptop shuts down.

So now I'm convinced it's something to do with the battery or the power. 
However, when I run a battery check (using my Asus and powercfg /batteryreport /output "C:\battery_report.html") both state that the battery is fine.

My laptop is always plugged in and set to 60% (Maximum Lifespan mode via MyAsus).

Has this happened to anybody? And does anybody got any solutions? 

UPDATE:
I unplugged my laptop and let it run off the battery for awhile. When I was down to 15%, the second I plugged it back in, the laptop shut down.
So definitely a power issue, but not sure if its the battery, the power supply, or the Laptop software regulating the power

3 REPLIES 3

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @djkomic ,

Sorry for the late reply.May I ask if this happens after any software or hardware changes?
Based on your description,please refer to the instructions in the following to reinstall the power driver 

1.Press Win+X and select "Device Manager".
2.Expand "Batteries", right-click "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery", and select "Uninstall device".
3.Download and install the latest power driver from the Asus support website.

Please feel free to PM me or comment again if you continue to experience difficulties or have any other concerns. Thank you

I just changed my power adapter and it's been working fine now for the past couple of days (so far!)

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @djkomic ,

Thanks for your update😊