cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XG-C100C random drop outs.

David9723
Level 7
This NIC card will work fine for hours or days then i get "you have no internet" from windows 10.

If i disable and re-enable the card it will work again.

I'm using driver 2.2.3.0 tried a newer one and it went out even more.

Suggestions?
8 REPLIES 8

David9723
Level 7
Anyone? I have tired every driver i can find and updated the firmware with no luck.

I am using it in a Asus MB.

RedSector73
Level 12
Try going in Device Manager, Power Management and disabling allow the computer to turn off this device to save power feature and see if this improves the situation.

This might also be helpful
https://www.rashedtalukder.com/updating-asus-xg-c100cs-aquantia-aqc107-firmware-and-drivers/
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/aquantia-aqc10x-firmware-update.56888/page-3

I have the same problem, my connectivity drops, it usually happends when i download games from steam or epic games. If i copy big files over the network i have no problems.
When the connectivity drops i get this message in the event viewer:
ASUS XG-C100C 10G PCI-E Network Adapter : Network link is lost.

Aso disabling and re-enabling the card fixes the problems.

I changed the cable and the ports on the routers, also it happends on 3 different pc on the network same exact issues.

rzzntn wrote:
I have the same problem, my connectivity drops, it usually happends when i download games from steam or epic games. If i copy big files over the network i have no problems.
When the connectivity drops i get this message in the event viewer:
ASUS XG-C100C 10G PCI-E Network Adapter : Network link is lost.

Aso disabling and re-enabling the card fixes the problems.

I changed the cable and the ports on the routers, also it happends on 3 different pc on the network same exact issues.

Sadly I do believe it is an overheating issue. I have the same problem with my XG-C100C. It always seams to happen when the room starts getting warm. The heatsink on it is a complete joke, it uses a very thick thermal pad to transfer heat to the heatsink.

RedSector73
Level 12
This thread might also have information https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?117314

your card is overheating, had the same with four cards in different systems... simply put a fan next to it and it should be solved, sadly there is no official solution for this 😕

gianluca81
Level 8

Hello,
I've got constant disconnections with the XG-100C card and 10GBe LAN link (Windows 11 Pro).

I've tried to install Asus Support driver 3.1.6 but it doesn't work, and the firmware is not correct for our card (is V2 if I understand right).

I've tried to disable power management but it doesn't work.

Someone said that it could be heat problems, but it was cold and powered up since some minutes.

I went on advanced properties of the card, disabled "Energy-Efficient Ethernet" and set "Speed & Duplex" from "Auto" to "10 Gbps Full Duplex", powered off. Removed the card, powered on... and now seems work.

I hope that can be useful for someone.

You are a legend! Changing Speed & Duplex from auto to 10 Gbps Full Duplex solved my problem.