cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z790 Hero QVL CMH64GX5M4B6600C32 (Ver. 5.43.01) will NOT work!! @ 6600mhz as advertised

aalzuhair
Level 9

Hello everyone,

So I got the ram for my Z790 Hero with i9 14900K that is on the QVL list and should work as listed on the site, right? WRONG!!!!

ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | Gaming motherboards|ROG - Republic of Gamers|ROG Global (asus.com)

Corsair DRAM 5  4X16GB CMH64GX5M4B6600C32 (Ver. 5.43.01) will NOT work at 6600mhz on XMP profile

BUT when i lower the speed to 5000 with XMP it does!!!

What gives??? any help is appericated 

Screenshot 2023-12-06 200815.png

10 REPLIES 10

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @aalzuhair 

May I ask if you are overclocking the memory in the system or adjusting it in the BIOS?
Could you confirm your current BIOS version, all the manual settings in BIOS, and did the described issues occur when setting it to XMP I or XMP II?
Please refer to the ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO user manual for memory installation instructions:

If needed, we recommend trying to install a single memory module in the DIMM_A1 slot first, confirming successful configuration, and overclocking before installing the second module.

Thank you.

aalzuhair
Level 9

Hello,

Actually I'm under clocking to 5000 to make it work as the DRAM at 6600 will not boot.

Anything above 5000 blue screen and/or no boot.

Yes, I'm using the XMP I profile.

Every adjustment is done in the BIOS.

The version I'm using is the latest 1501.

The only time the system would run smooth is when I load the default profile.

Sometimes if I shutdown and try to boor again it will be stay at Q Code 99 even if I discount every thing from the MB

Even if I clear the BIOS, same thing (no boot)

I tried the recommended 1 slot RAM in A1 (as per your recommendation) and also A2 (see videos) and the same result (No boot, staying at 99 code)

Links:

A1 slot video: https://share.icloud.com/photos/043lCQtp1F_W7y9CiHY3FwCDA

A2 slot video: https://share.icloud.com/photos/0dcgmYWGP9TeFs2Kc_qJb13PQ

btw: I plugged the small screen to be the main display

This shutdown, start again, no boot and staying at Q code 99 is an issue that is happening on two MB, one with i9 13900K and the other i9 14900K.

Thank you.

aalzuhair
Level 9

btw: both of the mentioned MBs are Z790 hero

aalzuhair
Level 9

aalzuhair
Level 9

just in case you need to see the DRAM IMG_3652.jpeg

aalzuhair
Level 9

for your viewing pleasure IMG_3654.jpeg

aalzuhair
Level 9

In case anyone is thinking about the chassis, it a Yuel Beast Designs Atlas II.V (click name) with some add features and mods

aalzuhair
Level 9

No help from Support ?!?! Anyone!

aalzuhair
Level 9

NO Thanks to Asus and Asus support, I found the issue

ASUS please fix the MB BIOS and firmware for Claymore II KB .... and yeah don't forget the FALSE claim that the DRAM listed in this thread works with XMP I or II

What a shame ASUS!!!!!