cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z690 Formula MANUFACTUER DEFECT

Blairnorman
Level 8

Hello, I just wanted to share my utter disappointment with ASUS. 

I spent $853.99 on the Z690 Formula Motherboard. A manufacturer defect was discovered (ASUS used cheap aluminum) in the VRM water block.

Here is how my support journey went:

Contact Asus, was intially told via chat that I would recieve a new VRM to install in approximately 12 weeks. I was later contacted via email by ASUS and told I would need to RETURN my motherboard to ASUS for repair, resulting in me without a pc for up to 12-16 weeks. 3 TO 4 MONTHS. I use this $800 ASUS product not only for pleasure, but also work.

Astonished, I contacted ASUS and requested to speak to a supervisor. The supervisor indicated I only have two options:

1. RMA - 12-16 weeks I would get a repaired motherboard

2. They would allow me to return the manufacturer defected motherboard for a refund. Once they physically recieve my return, I would recieve a refund in 5 weeks. 5 weeks.

I asked the supervisor: If I go purchase a new motherboard today, will it still have the manufacturer defect. His answer was YES. So, ASUS is continuing to sell motherboards with a known manufacturer defect. For that reason, they can't provide me a replacement motherboard, as aparenlty they aren't doing anything to proactively correct the defective products being sold. 

Read that paragraph above again and let that sink in.....

I have no worrds for my level of frustration and disappointment with the lack of support provided by ASUS for their $799 (before tax) product. I strongly encourage everyone to consider other options before doing future business with ASUS, and will be sharing this support exerpience and journey with as many consumers as I possibly can.

This will be the first, and last, ASUS product I EVER PURCHASE. GOOD LUCK CONSUMERS!

1 REPLY 1

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @Blairnorman 

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Please check the top right corner of the screen and kindly share the serial number and details requested in the PM inbox.

Thank you!

Due to the ongoing regional holidays, my responses may be slightly delayed.
Thank you in advance for your patience.‌‌‌‌ 🙂