cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X670e motherboard boots automatically when plugin

Lin0129
Level 9

Hello everyone, I am facing a problem with that X670e motherboard booting automatically when connect to the power. I have already disabled power on in the power management of the BIOS.

1. Every time I turn off the computer and turn off the power. On the next day, when I plug in, the motherboard will boot automatically.

2. When the computer crush, I close the computer and plug it off. After some time and I turn on the power, the computer will not boot automatically.

Currently, I am facing the problem of Microsoft gameinput problems, which will make my computer crush when it boots for the first time on a day. However, when I close my computer and turn the power off and on, and boot the computer, the computer will not crush anymore. Thus I am thinking the problems come from the computer boot automatically. Is anyone facing the same problem and can help me?

2 REPLIES 2

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @Lin0129 

May I ask if you have set the "Restore AC Power Loss" option in the APM Configuration of the BIOS to [Power Off], but the system still automatically turns on after connecting the power? Are you also using a UPS in addition to the PSU?
What do you mean by crash? Does it refer to system freezes, lagging, or BSODs? In what specific scenarios have these crashes occurred so far? Is it happening with a particular game?
Please confirm the full model name, such as X670E HERO or X670E EXTREME, and the questions below for us to better understand your situation.
- the current BIOS version and the images of the setting in BIOS, or whether it is the default
- the brand, model name, and part number of the DRAM currently installed
- the brand and model name of the CPU, GPU, SSD/HDD, and PSU currently installed
- the OS version and OS build
- the circumstances and frequency of problem
- contains a video that completely captures the problem's incidence and the surrounding environment

Thank you.

Hi, for the computer automatically turns on, I have fixed the problem by disabling the fast boot. But I am still facing the computer freeze problem  at the first boot of a day. 

For the information:

- the current BIOS version: 1415
- the brand, model name, and part number of the DRAM currently installed: G.Skill Trident Z5 64GB (2x32GB) 6000MHz CL30 DDR5
- the brand and model name of the CPU,
GPU, SSD/HDD, and PSU currently installed: 7950x, 4090  Strix, 990 pro, ai1300p(psu) 
- the OS version and OS build: windows 11, 22h2
- the circumstances and frequency of problem: computer freeze at the first boot in 20-30 mins, and after hard rebooting, works well in the rest of the day.
- contains a video that completely captures the problem's incidence and the surrounding environment