Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to install Windows 11 Pro on a Rog Strix Z90-E Gaming Wifi II

jeannoellayat
Level 8

Good morning

My PC

1 x G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB (2 x 32GB, 6400 MHz, DDR5 RAM, U-DIMM)
1 x Crucial T700 (2000 GB, M.2 2280)
1 x ASUS ROG STRIX Z790-E GAMING WIFI II (LGA 1700, Intel Z790, ATX)
1 x Intel Core i9-14900KS (LGA 1700, 3.20 GHz, 24-Core)

I did my assembly and installation under Windows 11 pro, put in the key and installed my software and made a backup of the system.

So far only happiness.

Then I told myself that a nice 32/9 screen would be great. So I immediately bought it.

But since then, nothing to do with the screen, succession of blue screens. I restored my backup and nothing works. Still blue screens. I noticed at least 10 different codes.

I told myself that one of the components was defective so I needed to do some testing.

Memtest86 found no problems, 8 hours of scanning and a scan with 16 processors.

I tried to install Windows 10 Pro, but failed. Only Linux works.

I tested the processor with Stress-NG to see if the processor crashed but again nothing.

I tested the GPU of the same processor, just zero fps because no driver installed on Linux.

I did a brief test of the SDD and again nothing tangible because I am currently testing it.

I did a bios reset and reinstalled the latest bios and there it told me that my machine was not compatible with Windows 11. I had to manually redo the two compatibility options: TPM and Secure boot.

Does anyone have an idea and especially a feelback of this motherboard?

Thx

Jeanno
5 REPLIES 5

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator

Hi @jeannoellayat 
Sounds like you're having a bit of a rough time. Can you confirm you're not enabling XMP overclocking? First things first would be to rule out any instability.

13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Hello,

No XMP setting. The default bios.

Jeanno

1. Install one memory module in slot A2

2. If Crucial T700 is currently connected in M.2_1, move to another NVMe slot.

3. Reseat CPU and cooler. If using a contact frame, revert to the stock retention mechanism. Check the CPU pin-pad and socket for any debris. Ensure even mounting pressure as per cooling vendor instructions.

13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Hello,

Apparently I received a damaged card. The socket is damaged. View the photo. That's it, I'll start there. But no see debris.

Thx

1000014378.jpg

Jeanno

achugh
Level 12

@jeannoellayat If you TURN OFF Fast Boot and Logo Display does that help avoid these BSD? See https://rog-forum.asus.com/t5/gaming-motherboards/z790-dark-hero-bios-1302-logo-patch-bsod-with-mult... for reference.

Disclaimer: I am not an ASUS support person so my information may be incomplete. Always follow official documentation and material provided by ASUS representatives.

INTEL i9-14900K / CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB 192GB (4x48GB) 5200 CAS38 / ROG Z790 DARK HERO / ROG TUF GAMING RTX 4090 OC / ProArt PA-602 Case / SEASONIC PRIME TX-1300 ATX 3.0 / CORSAIR MP700 PRO 2TB PCIe Gen5 / CRUCIAL T500 2TB PCIe Gen4 / EIZO CG2700X