cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strix z790 e new build unknown devices

Vaseth
Level 9

Vaseth_0-1682529447970.png

just built my new PC, all new components - ROG Strix z790 e gaming wireless, Samsung 990 pro, 16x2 6000 Gskill RAM, i9 13900k, 1200W corsair PSU, AIO cooler, no GPU as of yet, as I'm poor, so ill run integrated graphics until i can afford it!

seems to be running fine, but despite installing all of the drivers on the boards page (as shown above), i seem to have a load of unknown devices in device manager (as in picture above) - I'm not 100% sure but i don't think they were there before doing the ASUS updates, but any idea how to get rid of them/fix them?

from what I've read it means that something doesn't have the right drivers, presumably the motherboard, as everything I've attached to the board can be seen in device manager, and works fine, so I'm at a loss of what to try given that I've installed everything from the ASUS support page, with the exception of the AI suit 3 and armoury (as i keep hearing these are bloat ware)

any suggestions would be most appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Vaseth
Level 9

would like to thank MoKiChU for messaging me a list of drivers i was missing, they are truly a god amongst us!

"Hi,

You did not install your Intel Chipset Drivers.

You need these firmware/drivers for your ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming WiFi motherboard :

[FIRMWARE] Intel ME (B660/H670/Z690/B760/H770/Z790)

[DRIVERS] Intel Chipset/MEI/VMD (6xx/7xx)

Intel Chipset Drivers
Intel MEI Drivers (Drivers Only)
Intel VMD Drivers (Drivers Only)

[DRIVERS] Intel Serial IO (3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx/7xx)

- Intel Serial IO Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - 6xx/7xx

[DRIVERS] Intel GNA (5xx/6xx/7xx)

[DRIVERS] Intel Thunderbolt

[DRIVERS] Intel Ethernet/WiFi/Bluetooth

- Intel Ethernet Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - I225/I226

- Intel WiFi Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - 9xxx/AXxxx

- Intel Bluetooth Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - 9xxx/AXxxx

[DRIVERS] Realtek USB Audio (Intel 5xx/6xx/7xx & AMD 5xx/6xx/TRX40)

You have an ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboard with ALC408x codec, so :

You need Realtek USB Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS) from the first post of the thread.

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

[DRIVERS] Intel Arc GPU (Axxx) & iGPU (11xxx/12xxx/13xxx CPU)"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Vaseth
Level 9

would like to thank MoKiChU for messaging me a list of drivers i was missing, they are truly a god amongst us!

"Hi,

You did not install your Intel Chipset Drivers.

You need these firmware/drivers for your ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming WiFi motherboard :

[FIRMWARE] Intel ME (B660/H670/Z690/B760/H770/Z790)

[DRIVERS] Intel Chipset/MEI/VMD (6xx/7xx)

Intel Chipset Drivers
Intel MEI Drivers (Drivers Only)
Intel VMD Drivers (Drivers Only)

[DRIVERS] Intel Serial IO (3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx/7xx)

- Intel Serial IO Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - 6xx/7xx

[DRIVERS] Intel GNA (5xx/6xx/7xx)

[DRIVERS] Intel Thunderbolt

[DRIVERS] Intel Ethernet/WiFi/Bluetooth

- Intel Ethernet Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - I225/I226

- Intel WiFi Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - 9xxx/AXxxx

- Intel Bluetooth Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - 9xxx/AXxxx

[DRIVERS] Realtek USB Audio (Intel 5xx/6xx/7xx & AMD 5xx/6xx/TRX40)

You have an ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboard with ALC408x codec, so :

You need Realtek USB Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS) from the first post of the thread.

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

[DRIVERS] Intel Arc GPU (Axxx) & iGPU (11xxx/12xxx/13xxx CPU)"

Murph_9000
Level 14

Armoury Crate would normally let you quickly identify the missing drivers.  It's the quick and easy way to get all the drivers you need.

I don't see the Intel chipset driver in your folder.  Did you click "EXPAND ALL +" at the top of your downloads page?

If the chipset driver is not sufficient to clear those up, open the Properties window for each of them in Device Manager, go to the Details tab, and look at the "Device instance path" and "Hardware IDs" to identify them.  VEN_8086 is Intel.

Thanks for the tip, i had expanded the categories, read the first two (LAN and WIFI) and noticed they were just older driver versions, and then assume ALL the hidden parts would just be old drivers for people who needed to roll back, sneaky sneaky of ASUS to hide the I/O and chipset drivers in a hidden section!

All sorted from MoKiChU's private message (so unfortunately i cant give him the kudos) but thanks for the tip anyway, as its always good to know they hide things inconstantly in such a way!