cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New PC build, constant freezing and crashing.

GalacticSamurai
Level 7

PC freezes after 10-60 seconds of being turned on, where PC lights stay on but screen, mouse and keyboard freeze and I have to hard reset. Or I get “clock_watchdog_timeout” bluescreen. 

I’ve RMA’d the motherboard, RAM and M.2, updated all drivers, BIOS and reinstalled Windows on different USB’s, both 10 and 11. 

The only success I’ve had is a friend lowered the cores in BIOS. By default auto settings they were maxing at 5500MHz, it’s stable on 52 and 53 until I play video games then it bluescreens.

It’s not the GPU as it does it with the onboard one too. Tried different SSD’s as well. 

——Specs——

Motherboard: ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming Wifi

CPU: Intel i9-13900k

RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB, 32gb DDR5 6600MHz

Storage: Samsung 980 PRO, PCIe 4.0 NVMe, M.2 SSD

2 REPLIES 2

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @GalacticSamurai 

May I ask what your current BIOS version is and whether you have updated Intel ME before updating the BIOS?
According to the BIOS 0904 version of the ROG STRIX Z790-E GAMING WIFI, the Intel ME Update Tool is required if your ME firmware version is not 16.1.25.2124.
If you have not updated ME yet, please update it to 16.1.25.2124 first and then check again.
Meanwhile, have you clear CMOS after updating the BIOS? Is the memory you are using listed in the QVL list of the ROG STRIX Z790-E GAMING WIFI?
Please help confirm the question below for us to better understand the scenario.
- the images of the settings in BIOS include the BIOS main page
- the OS build, part number of the DRAM, and the PSU currently installed

Thank you.

Yes I have updated Intel ME before BIOS and done the MOBO battery thing, those were suggested when I phoned Asus for support. I have the latest BIOS version. 

I’m going to try replacing the CPU next.