cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My thread about my issues with Asus motherboard and Asus support was marked as spam

Astroplane
Level 8

I made a long post detailing the issues I've had and am still having with an Asus motherboard and now Asus' support. Yet my post was marked as spam and hidden from view. And when I clicked on the "abuse report" link to try to do something about it, the forum software told me I don't have sufficient permission to do that.

23-04-05 - Asus marked forum post as spam 1-1.PNG

23-04-05 - Asus marked forum post as spam 2.PNG

3 REPLIES 3

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @Astroplane .

ROG Forum might automatically mark frequent postings, comments, or other content that does not comply with the forum rules (for example, offensive words) as spam. Your article has been restored.

Thank you.

Hi Jiaszzz. None of the conditions you mentioned appears to apply to my post. Instead, it seems that making two edits within 15 minutes caused it to be labelled as spam. But editing a post has nothing to do with spam. And a post that has been edited 100 times is still a single post and not a spammed post, and AFAIK editing a post isn't a particular trait of commercial solicitation. So, I think the algorithm is counting submitting a post edit as if it's a new, additional post like the previous one - which it shouldn't do.

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @Astroplane 

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.
Since the launch of this new forum three weeks ago, some feature settings are still incomplete.
Your feedback will be forwarded to the relevant department for further consideration, and we will work to improve the settings and rules as soon as possible.
We appreciate your patience and thank you for your understanding.

Thank you.