cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Aura Creator Profile via hotkey or cmd/batch?

mattik01
Level 7

Hello, I have created several Aura Creator Lightning profiles for my setup, and I wonder if it was possible to swap between them, without having to open the Armoury Crate Application. I am looking for hotkeys directly or some terminal access, so I can write a script that is executed when I press a button. I was not able to find anything similar to this, I hope you can help. I think an RGB App should definitely allow for something like this. 

3 REPLIES 3

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @mattik01 .

May I ask if you are using a motherboard or a laptop product to setup?
What is the current version of your Armoury Crate?
Based on your description, are you looking to switch between pre-set Aura Creator lighting profiles/ RGB settings without opening the Armoury Crate?

Thank you.

Due to the ongoing regional holidays, my responses may be slightly delayed.
Thank you in advance for your patience.‌‌‌‌ 🙂

mattik01
Level 7

I am using the b550 F-Series Motherboard in a pc setup, my armoury crate version 5.6.3.

I created several lightning profiles with Aura Creator, I can select them in the app under Aura Sync > advanced effects. I would like to switch between them by pressing a hotkey combination on my keyboard, ideally. A batch script or something like this would be fine as well, so I could integrate it into a self written program. I dont not what to swap between profiles by opening the Armoury Crate Application.

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @mattik01 

Thank you for sharing the information.

According to the relevant department, currently, we do not provide the feature of switching Aura Creator lighting profiles or Aura Sync lighting effects using hotkeys. Thank you for the suggestion and we will further reference evaluation.

In the existing features, the only way to switch lighting effects without opening Armoury Crate is through Scenario Profiles.
This requires binding an app and setting up the desired Aura Sync lighting effect (including optional Aura Creator lighting profiles) for that application.
Once set up, when you open the app, it will automatically switch to the specified lighting effect.
It is recommended that you refer to the [Gaming NB/DT] Armoury Crate Introduction (Ver5.0) and check the Scenario Profiles part to see if this meets your requirements. 

Thank you.

Due to the ongoing regional holidays, my responses may be slightly delayed.
Thank you in advance for your patience.‌‌‌‌ 🙂