Did you mean: 

B650E-I with EXPO (BIOS 1616)

Mosa
Level 7

Dear All,

MOBO- Asus ROG STRIX B650E-I
CPU - Ryzen 7 7700X
RAM - Trident Z5 Neo (M-die) F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5N

I'm a happy owner of a new B650E-I. The system works fine with everything on stock.
However, after enabling EXPO-1 or any other EXPO profile (with everything else on the default settings) , I experienced the following. I could best represent it with a video:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/14NYx9erKjyQeo82HclJ8BqV7L6zYksl8/view?usp=sharing

Is this normal?
I had to reset the CMOS because otherwise would not post/boot at all, would get stuck with the RAM Q-led.

Full specs:
AMD Ryzen 7 7700X
ASUS ROG Loki SFX-L 750W Platinum
Asus ROG STRIX B650E-I GAMING WIFI
G.Skill Trident Z Neo - F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5N
Noctua NH-D12L
Noctua NF-A14 PWM, 140mm
Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM
Samsung 980 PRO 1TB M.2 SSD

Thank you for your support!

2 REPLIES 2

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @Mosa 

Thank you for sharing the details and the video.
May I know what your current BIOS version and the GPU brand and model are?
If it is not the latest version, could you please try updating to the latest version, 1616 for the ROG STRIX B650E-I GAMING WIFI, and clearing the CMOS to confirm if this can help eliminate the issue?
Does the issue occur immediately after enabling Expo I or any Expo profile settings?
Are there any other abnormalities during usage after enabling Expo I? For example, being unable to enter the system or encountering blue screens during usage
If only one memory module is installed in the recommended DIMM_A slot, does the issue still occur?
Please provide an image of the BIOS main page.

Thank you.

I have a similar issue on my machine:

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I - BIOS 1637
G.Skill Flare X5 AMD Expo - F5-6000J3038F16GX2-FX5

Freshly cleard the CMOS:
The issue occurs immediately after enabling Expo I or any Expo profile settings.

Also its irritating that there are two places to enable Expo, in the AI and the Advanced Tab. 
When i do it over AI Tab, it just takes forever to load, with then default settings (4800 Mhz) or over the Advanced Tab i get BSOD (Black Screen Of Death) with boot loops  and i have to clear cmos to revive it.