cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Strix Z790 Gaming E Latency Problem

johny1984
Level 8

Good evening I have a problem with my Asus Strix Z790 Gaming E. It has latency problems that are expressed in still images and hangers of up to 10 seconds, and the sound is also jerky. I ran Latencymon and there is a problem with the RTx 4090 graphics card. I've tried various bioses with no success. Picture attached My system: Asus Strix Z790 Gaming E 2x32Gb DDR5 5600 Gainward RTX 4090 Gamerock 1200watt Bequiet power supply. Are there any reports or even a fix for this?

latencymon.jpg
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @johny1984 .

May I ask if the situation you described happened after any changes were made? For example, updating the BIOS or connecting an external device
Have you updated the Intel ME to the corresponding version in the BIOS? For example, the latest BIOS version 0904 of the ROG STRIX Z790-E GAMING WIFI requires updating the Intel ME to 16.1.25.2124.
After updating the BIOS, have you cleared the CMOS?
Did the white Q-LED indicator, representing VGA, light up when the graphics card issue occurred?

Please refer to How to optimize your device to raise the speed of system boot and system operation? if needed.

Thank you.

View solution in original post

johny1984
Level 8
Good day
Have the latest Bios on it 0904. And the Intel ME 16.1.25.2124
I also just removed the bios battery and waited 15 minutes.
bios reset. But unfortunately the nvidia driver still causes very high latencies and the associated stuttering and crackling sound. I've had this problem since I bought the mainboard in February 2023.
no QLED lights up when the jerks occur.
are there any reports about the problem?
I ran the ram with standard 2400mhz as a test. doesn't change anything about the problem. I also ran memtest all night to rule out RAM issues.
Are there already beta bios for the mainboard?
It's really no fun with the motherboard.

thank you in advance

johny1984
Level 8
Hi
I'm tracking down the problem.
namely the following:
The problem with the nvidia latency then only occurs when I'm in windows and the graphics card clocks up and down depending on the load.
When I play a game, no matter which one (fortnite), I don't have a high load with Latencymon with nvidia drivers.
then everything runs smoothly.
It's only in windows where the music jerky.
Hope there is a solution for this soon

3 REPLIES 3

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @johny1984 .

May I ask if the situation you described happened after any changes were made? For example, updating the BIOS or connecting an external device
Have you updated the Intel ME to the corresponding version in the BIOS? For example, the latest BIOS version 0904 of the ROG STRIX Z790-E GAMING WIFI requires updating the Intel ME to 16.1.25.2124.
After updating the BIOS, have you cleared the CMOS?
Did the white Q-LED indicator, representing VGA, light up when the graphics card issue occurred?

Please refer to How to optimize your device to raise the speed of system boot and system operation? if needed.

Thank you.

johny1984
Level 8
Good day
Have the latest Bios on it 0904. And the Intel ME 16.1.25.2124
I also just removed the bios battery and waited 15 minutes.
bios reset. But unfortunately the nvidia driver still causes very high latencies and the associated stuttering and crackling sound. I've had this problem since I bought the mainboard in February 2023.
no QLED lights up when the jerks occur.
are there any reports about the problem?
I ran the ram with standard 2400mhz as a test. doesn't change anything about the problem. I also ran memtest all night to rule out RAM issues.
Are there already beta bios for the mainboard?
It's really no fun with the motherboard.

thank you in advance

johny1984
Level 8
Hi
I'm tracking down the problem.
namely the following:
The problem with the nvidia latency then only occurs when I'm in windows and the graphics card clocks up and down depending on the load.
When I play a game, no matter which one (fortnite), I don't have a high load with Latencymon with nvidia drivers.
then everything runs smoothly.
It's only in windows where the music jerky.
Hope there is a solution for this soon