cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Swift OLED PG27AQDM Random Signal Issue

staticJPL
Level 8

Hello all I've recently bought the Asus PG27AQDM OLED monitor and have been blown away with it. I did find an issue after using for about 2 weeks now. Randomly while in HDR I found that my screen signal starting showing scan lines and artifacting, also the middle of the screen was split in half where the left side had more issues than the other side. It looks something similar to example below. 

Example: https://v.redd.it/fx0tkn536fj81

Initially I shut off the monitor, unplugged the display port and restarted my machine, this did not solve the issue. Fortunately I did find a solution where I had to completely unplug the power cable from  the monitor and plug it back in, this fixed this issue and returned the monitor to normal. My monitor power supply cable is connected to a UPS so there isn't any grounding issues. The display port is v1.4 and is brand new as I purchased it before getting the monitor so I don't suspect any insolation, interference or cable issues.

I am wondering if I this is a common issue or is it possible that my monitor is already beginning to have issues? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

staticJPL
Level 8

I've Identified the bug! So it appears that I can reproduce it. If I am in HDR mode and In a game, If I alt tab between my duel monitors I get the same effect I will try to replicate it again and send a video. But the solution again when this happens is to unplug the power cable and plug it back in.

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @staticJPL 

May I know how frequently you have been experiencing this problem? After troubleshooting, has it occurred again? If not, we suggest observing it further.
Is the ROG Swift OLED PG27AQDM connected via HDMI or DP cable? Is it connected to a GPU or other device?
If it's connecting to a GPU, please refer to the [Graphics card]No display on the monitor or abnormality(crapped display) troubleshooting for the steps if you encounter flickering problems once again.
It is also recommended that you try cross-testing with other cables or devices.

Thank you.

It's happened once so far. I am using a brand new Vesa Certified 1.4 Display port that's connected to a 3080 RTX. The system hardware is fine at the moment. The issue was only resolved after pulling out the power cable from the monitor not turning it off and turning it on through the button interface.

staticJPL
Level 8

I've Identified the bug! So it appears that I can reproduce it. If I am in HDR mode and In a game, If I alt tab between my duel monitors I get the same effect I will try to replicate it again and send a video. But the solution again when this happens is to unplug the power cable and plug it back in.

Mate, this happened to me. Was playing green hell and alt tabbing with setting set to exclusive window. Thought I busted my monitor. 

WildZippo
Level 9

On April 16th it arrived and I mounted the monitor. I immediately noticed the MCM 1.0.0.2 firmware version, I hoped I had gotten away with it, it wasn't like that, today the monitor started the now famous flickering and it didn't even help to unplug the DP cable ... repacked I hope to get one that works!

The monitor WAS plugged via DP 1.4 on an MSI 4080 Suprim X, even the card is new it's a couple of weeks older than the monitor. 

The thing that annoys me the most is that ASUS knew about the malfunction but didn't block the sale of the monitor in question. As I know, just go to Reddit they've been talking about it for MONTHS and over 10 threads have been opened about it.
I just hope that I get a new (unrepaired) and fully functional device, as it should have been from the beginning.

I received my monitor with MCM 102 and recently updated it to MCM 104. I've disabled GSync in general. I haven't had any issues with flickering. The only issue I've had was when Alt tabbing a full screen game with HDR on.  This must be a windows/driver/firmware bug. I was able to reset the monitor by un-plugging and re-pluging the power cable. Removing Display Port, turning off the monitor or restarting the PC did not fix this weird issue. I don't see this issue often but other then that monitor has been working great so far.

Hello staticJPL,

1° What problem did it give you with HDR?
For example, I placed directly in DCI-P3 and that's it, I've never used HDR!

2° In any case, there is no way that a NEW monitor has any problem, which can be solved by disconnecting the power plug from it, it is a defect and for this there is a guarantee and we as customers have the right to a new working product .
3° Unfortunately Asus should have stopped production until these KNOWN problems were solved, it didn't because Corsair, MSI and other houses are coming out with their products. The problem belongs to Asus because the LG model - of which Asus uses the proprietary LG panel - does not have these problems!

staticJPL
Level 8

Exactly the same problem happens for me after 20 days that I mounted it, but I've never used HDR and when the problem happened the computer had been on for a few hours and I wasn't using it for gaming, so it's not possible that it's due to any overheating!
The "solution" of disconnecting the power to the monitor, whether it works or not, is absurd to even think about it, sorry Asus must fix the problem! (1.3oo€)