cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PG42UQ very slow to wake from sleep.

axiumone
Level 11
Firmware is V031. With either a win 11 pc connected through HDMI or a macbook connected through DP, it takes an average of 30 seconds for the display to wake up and start responding if the host machine puts the display to sleep. To be clear, the OS itself is running, and the machine is not in a sleep state, just the display is in a sleep state.

Is there anything that can be done about this? It's a pretty terrible user experience, because it feels like maybe the machine froze or crashed and it's not clear that it's just the display thats not responding.
76 REPLIES 76

axiumone
Level 11
Asus where is the fix? This is happening at least once a week now. This is not acceptable. 97421

Wondering the same. Asus, it would be nice to hear something from you, like we are working on it and have an eta of X. 🙂

Very sad situation with this monitor! Please fix the wakeup mode! The monitor does not wake up periodically after restarting the computer! The HDR mode is just disgusting! Firmware latest V33 It's a shame for such a price!

I have 8 bits on HDMI 2.1 at 138hz in the monitor menu, but in Windows it shows 10 or 12. In DP at 138hz 10 bits and there are no problems with Gsync. Some problematic monitor for a lot of money.

axiumone
Level 11
Hello?

axiumone
Level 11
In touch with support. Apparently the technicians cant replicate ANY of the issues we're having with our display. Super. Means we're all just imagining things.

axiumone
Level 11

Still broken. Still absolutely ignored by asus. 

I'm having this same issue using the monitor on 120hz.  I keep digging for an answer on this issue because its super annoying to keep having to power cycle my very expensive monitor to wake it up from a black screen. Any recommendations other than they need to release a firmware to resolve the issue??

senbaxcomputer
Level 8

Hey Asus, i also have this problem. I have to restart my monitor about 20 times a day, cause i am currently developing a driver which requires me to reboot my workstation very often. This is really not acceptable for a monitor in this price range. It annoys me every day. I think i will return it as you guys at asus seem to not care at all.

Loremaker
Level 8

Still waiting for a fix for the slow or not at all happening waking up from sleep.