Ever wondered what it's like to play Fortnite with one hand? The only way is to find out is to try it yourself, here's a little guide to help you get started.
Running and aiming with one hand will take some time to master of course, but the time spent may be worth it. The Chakram gives you 2 distinct advantages:1. Controlling the movement with one hand means more can be done with your left hand, like grabbing a Red Bull.
2. The joystick gives you analog control over your character, this is something the keyboard cannot do (typically). You can choose whether to walk or run depending on how far you push the joystick.
Let's get started:
1. Open Armoury Crate
, switch the Chakram Profile to 3
- to revert to default settings.
3. Set up the Chakram in Steam
(view>settings>controller>GENERAL CONTROLLER SETTINGS)
4. Check "Switch Pro Configuration Support
5. Under "Detected Controllers
", select "ROG Chakram
6. Assign the mouse buttons: Back
(you won't use them in Fortnite but it's necessary to assign them first anyway)
7. Assign the joystick x-axis
8. Press ESC
then click on Save
9. Insert a name such as "Chakram", and change the type of controller as "Nintendo Switch Pro Controller
10. Click on "Yes. Upload!
Now the joystick is ready to go, test it out in Fortnite.
Reassign the buttons as you see fit (change back to normal mouse buttons), or change the joystick orientation.
FPS, Racing & VR Gamer / Tech Enthusiast / ROG Admin