cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog Spatha Battery Replacement.

Sethryan
Level 7
Hi, my rog spatha battery is dying after 3.5/4 years of use, its not charging like before. I tried looking up online for the replacement but i couldnt find anything.
My question is is it a LI-PO or LI-ION, can i replace it for another generic of the same type and same capacity? Ive seen people trying to put different battery and after one use mouse wont charge it back up like if it wasnt detected correctly.
I live in argentina so id like to know where can i get an original replacement or i can put any other battery of same type. (or if i can even put one of more capacity for more life better).
Any help would be appriciated since battery doesnt say what type is it.
Thx in advance.
6 REPLIES 6

xeromist
ASUS doesn't sell one so your best bet is Ebay or AliExpress. Get one from a well reviewed seller that says it is for the Spatha. If you get something that looks right but isn't designed for the Spatha you could end up with fitment issues.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Sethryan
Level 7
Then what type of battery is it? Li-Po or its Li-Ion or it doesnt matter as long as its 3.7v.

xeromist
I do not know, but I would go with one designed for the Spatha rather than shopping by battery chemistry. As you mentioned, you don't want issues with detection and charging. If you absolutely must go with a generic battery pack there is usually information printed on the battery itself if you take it out.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Sethryan
Level 7
I found in aliexpress 2 sellers. Once sells replacement but sais its a Li-Ion battery meanwhile there is a second seller that offers a Li-po battery. Does that mean the mouse can take any of those 2 type of batteries. Then only thing i need know is if take both or one of them. I tried a Li-po battry i had and turns on and charges perfectly, but i need one of the correct size since its limited. Such an expensive mouse and asus doenst sell the most important part.... a simple battery or at least write in speficications on the product page..... is not that hard to simplify customer life..... i need to be digging in every forum trying to guess something that the brand should be letting customer know.

I do question again: the TYPE of battery the mouse uses is ION-LITHIUM or ION-POLIMER, or it can take BOTH TYPES. I know voltage has to be same and amperage can be same or bigger. Since this information is missing from web page.
It cant be that hard to find this information......
Thx.

Sethryan wrote:
I do question again: the TYPE of battery the mouse uses is ION-LITHIUM or ION-POLIMER, or it can take BOTH TYPES.

I do not know the answer. The simplest way is to open your mouse and look at the existing battery label for information.