cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Pugio II random button click / presses events

dafzor
Level 7
For the past week I've been noticing that i was getting random clicks on pages, at first i though it could be a double click issue but after a while I realized it was happening by just moving my cursor around and it wasn't for the button i had pressed.

Installing the armor drivers (which I hadn't been using) and reset the mouse profiles and disabling the side buttons didn't fix.

Using https://w3c.github.io/uievents/tools/mouse-event-viewer.html test and moving the mouse over the test area shows this:

The mouse is sending key presses for almost all it's keys, including the ones I disabled. I've now changed to Bluetooth and so far it seems the issue is only when connected through 2.4G (would need a few days to fully confirm).

The mouse is barely a month old so will almost certainly be returning it, however was wondering if this is a common issue or if I just got a bad unit.
2 REPLIES 2

Nate152
Hi dafzor

I tried the mouse event viewer with the ROG Chakram X, Chakram Core and Spatha X. It's showing events for me too but I'm not experiencing any issues.

How does your mouse work other than showing the events?

Nate152 wrote:
Hi dafzor

I tried the mouse event viewer with the ROG Chakram X, Chakram Core and Spatha X. It's showing events for me too but I'm not experiencing any issues.

How does your mouse work other than showing the events?

If you were experience the issue it would be very noticeable as you'd have context menu randomly opening, web browser navigating back and forth or UI buttons getting pressed by just moving the mouse, the event viewer was more to confirm it was exactly what key presses where being sent.

Since my initial post since i wasn't getting any issue with bt it made me take a closer look at the dongle, I noticed that it was fairly hot to the touch in the hub i was using so swapped it to another hub which made it much cooler. Since I've done that I've yet to experience the issue. So currently I'm starting to think that the dongle acting weird when it gets too hot.