cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make Future Mouse Feature Suggestions Here!

xeromist
Hi all,

ASUS ROG is requesting our best suggestions for ROG product improvements. As a moderator I won’t have the ability to implement your suggestions but I will be picking some of the best to highlight for the ROG team so they know what matters to us, the community.

Some guidelines for this thread:
1) Keep it positive and constructive. In most of the forum I try to allow you all to express your thoughts freely (within reason). This thread has the express purpose of generating constructive suggestions so I will be moderating this thread and deleting posts that do not contribute to that goal.
2) Keep it concise and on topic. Some minor discussion regarding a specific suggestion is welcome but if you would like to have a longer conversation I ask you start an additional thread and link it in your post here. You can also request a moderator move your posts if you have need.
3) Try for realistic ideas that appeal broadly to gamers. A small improvement on an existing ROG product is much more likely to get chosen than an entirely new product that only matters to a small number of people.
4) Support your favorites! You don’t have to come up with a suggestion to help. If you see something you like, quote it and say so! More support for an idea improves its chances.

EDIT:
I’ve updated the titles for these feedback threads to reflect that this is primarily for *future* products. Sorry for the lack of clarity. While there is a chance some ideas could be implemented via software updates it’s most likely any suggestions would be rolled into new products.
Also, these threads are not for issue reporting and such posts won’t reach the right people. Please post issues in the ROG Care > Hardware & Software Support section. Or contact ASUS support via phone or email for immediate assistance.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…
65 REPLIES 65

Will you come to our defense when complaints about buttons not supported in games come rolling in? 😁

100%

If we still have the possibility to assign other keys there will be no problem…

it will be the problem of game publishers but obviously it won’t be because most of the time games get all available keys.

just inform that this feature may not be supported in every game and the problem is solved.

by the way: if you respond to those complaints the way you respond to ours, customers won’t be happy 😉 

DeXZoR wrote:
Good day Moderator Nate152 seent me her 🙂

So for the ROG Spatha mouse somting that i miss atleast is the chans to have the side buttem be individuell buttems so you dont have to rellay on shortcut buttems

somting i head on a mouse a long time ago whas somting like : Left click whode be Mouse 1 : Right click Mouse 2 : Mouse scroll klick mouse 3 and then the side buttem whode be mouse 4,5,6,7 and so on ... whode just be great if ther whar a chans to have the 6 side buttem for the ROG spartha so it cude be ther own buttems insted of having to relay on shortcuts They dont have to be Mouse 4,5,6 and so on but ye i hoppe you understand individuell buttems leats go 😄

+1

I totally agree on that, I would finally be able to use the mouse at 100% because I'm currently limited to 3 of them having pretty much my entire keyword affected in some games.

This should be the default for every gaming mouse built by anyone. There is legit no reason that the side buttons aren't generic "mouse 4" etc. Across the spectrum of games I play, some I use my keyboard for many bindings, some I use my razer tartarus pro (replaced a g13 pad i dearly loved until the analog stick developed drift, still hate the razer but it barely gets the job done), with various profiles. In all of these, I use "mouse 4" for my discord PTT. Have for YEARS. Remapping keys to assign a keyboard PTT key, to assign that keyboard key to PTT, then hoping I never buy a game that has that PTT key bound to something else, is absolutely mind boggling.

Zion_One-Eyed
Level 8
I hope this serves to make me change my mind on rog peripherals

The ROG Strix Impact II isn't truly ambidextrous. The shortcut buttons on the left side of the mouse are missing from the right side. I would ideally like to see shortcut buttons on both sides of the mouse, and maintain the modularity of hotswappable switches as well.

In addition, I would like to see the DPI button move to the top of the mouse. The DPI settings don't really change "on the fly" if I have to lift the mouse to use the button.

why  no left hand mouse true out there for gamers

MathiasR33
Level 7
Hi,
I am the proud owner of a ROG Spatha X that is supposed to replace my first generation Spatha. Unfortunately, the new Spatha X has implemented a behavior that the mouse and charging station light up green as soon as the mouse is put on. My USB port is constantly powered to allow the mouse to charge, but I don't want a green mouse lighting up my living room all night. Would it be possible to add an option in Armoury Crate to disable the mouse and charging station lights when the mouse is docked?
Greetings Mathias

MathiasR33 wrote:
Hi,
I am the proud owner of a ROG Spatha X that is supposed to replace my first generation Spatha. Unfortunately, the new Spatha X has implemented a behavior that the mouse and charging station light up green as soon as the mouse is put on. My USB port is constantly powered to allow the mouse to charge, but I don't want a green mouse lighting up my living room all night. Would it be possible to add an option in Armoury Crate to disable the mouse and charging station lights when the mouse is docked?
Greetings Mathias

This. I made the same comment when I got my forst gen Spatha years ago, before Armoury Crate, and I was baffled that such a 190€ mouse was not customizable so you could just turn OFF the LEDs (which are incredibly powerful). I ended up using black tape on the dock, and that's what I'll do on my Spatha X (I have a larger desk now, so it's less of a problem but still irritating. it's not useful at all letting the LEDs always on. Let them be on for 10 seconds, that's enough.