cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rog claymore ll firmware update error

Rampertumskin
Level 9

hi pls help. i try reboot keyboard fn + esc . i try unistall install armory crate. i try connect reconnect keyboard on pc. not work for me. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Fine. I just reinstalled the armor crate. and did not click manually check for update. I waited for a while when the armor crate itself will offer and find an update. and everything worked and updated. please pass this on to the developers. this is a very strange error.

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23

Rampertumskin
Level 9

Снимок экрана 2023-03-31 141213.png

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin

You mentioned that you tried to disconnect and tried again, are you using the original USB cable? Try pushing the connector in more firmly, heard somebody simply had a connection issue (strangely the keyboard was working but couldn't update).

Are you using a USB 3.0 port or above? 

Try removing the USB hub if you're using one, connect directly to your PC/NB.
Test on a different system.

yes original cable... new keyboard. i got it today.... try use difrend usb port yes use usb 2.0 and 3.0 i try system fine new pc clean windows. i no have another system. 
I thought when you pay more than 250 bucks for a keyboard, then it works without problems and not like garbage that you have to mess around with.

Sorry to hear that, haven't seen many people posting about that. It's not wrong to have high expectations.

Found the thread, another person simply tried a few more times and it installed in the end. The root cause is unclear.
Are you using Type-C to connect or adding the adaptor?

ROG Claymore II - Page 6 - Republic of Gamers Forum - 906307 (asus.com)

Fine. I just reinstalled the armor crate. and did not click manually check for update. I waited for a while when the armor crate itself will offer and find an update. and everything worked and updated. please pass this on to the developers. this is a very strange error.

for me is still not working. I jsut reinstall armoury crate and nothing 😞

yes when update works i use type c to connect and passthru mode off. wereless mode on.

Glad it worked out for you in the end. 
Yes, better to use Type-C if you intend to enable passthrough and utilize fast-charging. It also needs to pull sufficient power for two devices.

F1Aussie
Level 11

Interesting, I have clicked on the update  button numerous times in armoury crate tonight expecting a firmware update and there was not one. Not sure why when others are getting it.

Does fast charging work with your claymore 2? I have had mine for about 3 months and the charging is painfully slow when plugged directly into a usb c port on the front of my Helios case. It charges around 25% in 2 hours.