cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Claymore II

420_69_1337
Level 7
Hello guys. I just got ROG Claymore II keyboard [RX blue], and it's AWESOME! But i can't seem to update firmware. I will put the message i get from ARMORY II V5 in attachments. I'm doing what it asks, but it's always the same message. I don't intend to use this keyboard in wireless mode, only over usb (Type-c to Type-c, since my motherboard have a Type-c port). Thanks for any help! ❤️
91 REPLIES 91

Nate152
Hi 420.69.1337

Welcome to the ROG forum.

This worked for the ROG Chakram wireless mouse, maybe it will work for your wireless keyboard too.

Connect the dongle to a usb port and the ROG Claymore II to another usb port and try updating.

Does this let you perform the update?

Nate152 wrote:
Hi 420.69.1337

This worked for the ROG Chakram wireless mouse, maybe it will work for your wireless keyboard too.

Connect the dongle to a usb port and the ROG Claymore II to another usb port and try updating.

Does this let you perform the update?

This worked for me with my new Claymore II. And had to do the same for my Spatha X. But then I don't get why on screen instructions keep stating the wireless connection should be ok as well.

420_69_1337
Level 7
420.69.1337 wrote:
Hello guys. I just got ROG Claymore II keyboard [RX blue], and it's AWESOME! But i can't seem to update firmware. I will put the message i get from ARMORY II V5 in attachments. I'm doing what it asks, but it's always the same message. I don't intend to use this keyboard in wireless mode, only over usb (Type-c to Type-c, since my motherboard have a Type-c port). Thanks for any help! ❤️

Hi, i did that minutes after making a post, and it worked. Thanks for the reply tho!

Nate152
You're welcome !

Good to see you're updated.

How are you liking your ROG Claymore II and Armoury Crate?

matkocore
Level 9
420.69.1337 wrote:

Hello,

I got exactly the same issue but nothing works for me to fix this.

I tried several combinations witgh usb in and dongle in, button on and off. Nothings seems to work and I got the pop up message mentioned.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot.

Nate152
Hi matkocore,

If you are connecting the dongle to a usb port on your pc and connecting the ROG Claymore II to your pc with the cable (preferably two motherboard usb ports), you are doing it correctly.

If it's still not updating, you could try reinstalling Armoury Crate. Use the Armoury Crate uninstall tool from the ASUS Support Center, then reinstall it again.

Select your OS then click "See All Downloads."

https://www.asus.com/us/supportonly/Armoury%20Crate/HelpDesk_Download/

You can let the cable and dongle connected with the switch on during reinstallation.

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
🤔mmmm
Let me think
Learn, Play Enjoy!

Hello Nate,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes i tried updating with both the keyboard connected to USB port and with the dongle connected as well.
Also tried to reinstall AC software as well.

Its just the same pop up message.

Its weird, FW update on other HW and peripherals was without any problem.

Thanks!

Hi guys,

So i managed to fix it, but it is unclear what helped.

I did clean uninstall/install again.

Then i went to the update center click on update and had the same issue.
Then i hit update again and right after clicked on check for updates and during the loading checked several pop ups appeared reagrding the fw update.
After the checked was finished the update loading bar was in progress and finally the fw keyboard update was done.

Really bizarre issue.

Thanks for tthe replies and have a nice day!