cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Claymore II keyb - Encountered error trying to identify the firmware version

74lobster
Level 10
Hello everyone.

I tried to update the ROG Claymore II keyboard firmware (the new firmware was notified to me today by the program Armoury Crate), but every time I try to update the firmware, I get this error message:

Encountered error trying to identify the firmware version.
Please reconnect the device, and click "Check for Updates" to try again.

I've already tried resetting the keyboard and uninstalling and reinstalling Armoury Crate, but the situation doesn't change...

My actual firmware is: 30.83.04

Keyboard version: 30.43.03
Keypad version: 2.00.02

How can I solve the problem ?

Thanks in advance.

74lobster
11 REPLIES 11

world
Have you successfully updated the firmware in the past on this computer?

And, just double checking, but do you have your keyboard directly plugged into your computer via USB cable?

world wrote:
Have you successfully updated the firmware in the past on this computer?

And, just double checking, but do you have your keyboard directly plugged into your computer via USB cable?

Hi, the keyboard is connected both via USB cable and via wireless.

In the past I have already updated the firmware 1 time.
74lobster

world
Thanks for the information!

Just a couple more confirmation points to make sure we have the basics covered!
Have you tried different USB ports and a different USB cable?

When you uninstalled and reinstalled armory crate, did you use the uninstall tool?
If you didn't use the uninstall tool, you can find it here: https://www.asus.com/supportonly/armoury%20crate/helpdesk_download/, select your OS version, and select show all to see the uninstall tool

world wrote:
Thanks for the information!

Just a couple more confirmation points to make sure we have the basics covered!
Have you tried different USB ports and a different USB cable?

When you uninstalled and reinstalled armory crate, did you use the uninstall tool?
If you didn't use the uninstall tool, you can find it here: https://www.asus.com/supportonly/armoury%20crate/helpdesk_download/, select your OS version, and select show all to see the uninstall tool

Hi, I have already done all the operations you mentioned, I have also reset the keyboard, but each time I try to update the firmware, Armoury Crate shows me this message:

Encountered error trying to identify the firmware version.
Please reconnect the device, and click "Check for Updates" to try again.

Just a question: to update the firmware, is correct that the keyboard is connected both via USB cable and via wireless ?

Thanks.
74lobster

I am also experiencing this same issue

F1Aussie
Level 11
And I believe the keyboard needs to be turned off

Nate152
Hey guys,

To update the firmware connect the cable to your keyboard and a pc usb port, set the wireless switch to wired mode, connect the wireless dongle to a usb port then try the update.

Nate152 wrote:
Hey guys,

To update the firmware connect the cable to your keyboard and a pc usb port, set the wireless switch to wired mode, connect the wireless dongle to a usb port then try the update.

Is there a way to reinstall the firmwares or resetting to the stock version?

Nate152
Hi Draco_exe

You can reset your ROG Claymore II by pressing and holding the Fn+ESC keys for 10-15 seconds.

If you're having issues you can use the Armoury Crate uninstall tool and reinstall Armoury Crate.

In the link below, select your operating system then click "Show all" in blue, the Armoury Crate uninstall tool is the third download.

https://www.asus.com/supportonly/armoury%20crate/helpdesk_download/

Once uninstalled, install Armoury Crate version 3.2.5.2 and check for updates at the update center.