cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the Battery Status Light Ever Turn Off (ROG Strix Scope II 96)

rmaidhof
Level 8

Recently bought a ASUS ROG Strix Scope II 96 Wireless Gaming Keyboard. When I have it in the wired mode and put my computer to sleep, the multifunction button at the top right stays on (I think the color indicates the battery status) but it never turns off. Is there a way to have it turn off after a certain amount of time or something? I sleep in the same room as my keyboard and it's kind of annoying that it stays on all night. I can just unplug the keyboard every night, but I'm hoping there's an easier solution. Thanks.IMG_3308.JPEG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nate152

Hello rmaidhof

When the cable is connected, the ROG logo will pulse purple to indicate the battery is charging.

When fully charged, the ROG logo will turn green as in your picture.

When it's fully charged, disconnect the cable and use 2.4GHz wireless mode.

You can have the ROG logo set to Sync with the keyboard lighting or Battery Mode.

I choose Sync with the keyboard lighting. If you have the sleep timer set, the ROG logo should go out when it goes to sleep.

sync with keyboard lighting.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Nate152

Hello rmaidhof

When the cable is connected, the ROG logo will pulse purple to indicate the battery is charging.

When fully charged, the ROG logo will turn green as in your picture.

When it's fully charged, disconnect the cable and use 2.4GHz wireless mode.

You can have the ROG logo set to Sync with the keyboard lighting or Battery Mode.

I choose Sync with the keyboard lighting. If you have the sleep timer set, the ROG logo should go out when it goes to sleep.

sync with keyboard lighting.png

Ok seems like since the latest update, the light is turning off when I unplug I computer from the docking station I use, and I do that anyway, so it should be good now.