cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rog Claymore II battery charge and discharge issue (Solved)

drbtt
Level 9
Hi!

I'm having some battery issues that after the lastest firmware, before the update it was working fine. i'll explain:

- im using usbc to usba (3.2) from the back io (asus rog b450-e)
- keyboard firmware: 20.12.01 / 1.00.14 / 1.00.12

When charging it stops incrementing percetage in armoury crate, says "charging" but it keeps randomly stuck at any % until i replug it againg. Same with the keyboard battery level indicator. I tried to drain the battery till 1%, then charging and got stuck at 11% and 90% until i replug the cable.

Once is fully charged it quickly discharges in a few minutes to 90%, it gets stuck a few hours at this point, then drop quickly to 86%. if i recharge again from this point it does quickly but once i unplug the cable, again drops quickly to 90% and 86%. From 86% to 16% seems to be just fine, but at 16% it gets stuck again for a period and then starts dropping normally again.

I did this process 3 times and seems to do the same every time.

i'd like to know is someone is having a similar issue after the lastest firmware or is a faulty battery before make a RMA, but as i metion before, it appeared since the lastest firmware.

Thanks!
22 REPLIES 22

Nate152
Hi drbtt,

Welcome to the ROG forum.

I'm using the ROG Falchion NX, with the latest update I haven't noticed anything odd with the charging level.

Maybe someone with an ROG Claymore II will chime in to help confirm.

I have almost the same issue with charging ROG Claymore 2 battery. But for me it won't charge past 71%. Keyboard charge level always stucks at this points and it doesn't matter if I unplug and plug back charging cable, charge level in Armoury Crate always shows 71%. Led indicator at the keyboard shows 3 stripes. The issue appeared after the last firmware update.

Holair wrote:
I have almost the same issue with charging ROG Claymore 2 battery. But for me it won't charge past 71%. Keyboard charge level always stucks at this points and it doesn't matter if I unplug and plug back charging cable, charge level in Armoury Crate always shows 71%. Led indicator at the keyboard shows 3 stripes. The issue appeared after the last firmware update.

Thanks Holair for your confirmation, lets see if Asus can take a look and solve this issue.

Also, It would be nice if someone else can confirm.

Sorry for the desinformation earlier, I've tried today to unpug and plug back charging cable and my keyboard charged up to 100%. So now I can confirm that my issue is the same like topic starter written. My stuck points are 71% and 75%.

Hi! new updates about the issue:

Actually seems to work as expected again but i also made some changes:
1. I formatted my pc due to new motherboard and cpu.
2. removed the numpad because i dont really use it.

After those changes, now i'll keep checking if the issue is present when numpad is connected or it was an armoury crate issue as i formatted my pc.

off thread: Another issue from the numpad: is not recognized properly by aura creator. Only works fine in 80% mode, otherwise not all keys are lighted up when using aura creator (armoury crate it's ok)

I got the same issue, I tried multiple cables, chargers, latest version updated firmware, always stuck to 70%

I have the same problem, mine stuck to 69% after which it stays that way. I also tried different cables, chargers etc. It's the second keyboard I have, the first one did the same and I sent it back. I don't know what to do with this, it's clearly a software issue. Everything was fine until the last update.

P.S. 10.03.2022 - after the latest update, everything seems to be fine. (Device kit 2.1.3.0, HAL 1.1.79.0)

Was there an update on 10. March? Haven't seen any so far. Just updates in Armoury Crate modules.
Have similar issues with my new Claymore Ii, I'm on 20.32.02 firmware.

Mine one too stuck at 70%, tried different power source e.g. power bank, power supply, USB A / USB C
I sent my one to the repair centre but somehow they tested they were able to charge it to 100%
The only way works for me is to keep plug/unplug and connect to my PC directly, it has a very low chance can charge up to 100%
Pretty disappointed to see I'm not the only one, that means it could be firmware or battery issues within the same lot of parts