cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG THETA 7.1 sound criping when sound starts

ION2K9
Level 7
I'm having following issue when sound starts playing i hear creeping in headphones its not very load and sometimes like in windows sound setting when i test device i hear crapping in other driver then that I'm testing and when i watch videos every time some one starts speaking and stops and starts i hear carping
my question is that the case with other theta devices is this normal
12 REPLIES 12

lLegendaary
Level 9
ION2K9 wrote:
I'm having following issue when sound starts playing i hear creeping in headphones its not very load and sometimes like in windows sound setting when i test device i hear crapping in other driver then that I'm testing and when i watch videos every time some one starts speaking and stops and starts i hear carping
my question is that the case with other theta devices is this normal

restart and install ROG Theta 7.1 FW v0034
better sound better enemy detection for foot steps .

The problem you are describing is the same for me, whenever I start a track there is a popping/crackling sound, same when a track is paused or ends. This happens also mid audio when there is silence in one of the channels. Wrote to ASUS support they said its a hardware issue, hope its the case and switching with a new Theta will solve the issue, otherwise ...

Note: I am using FW v0034

CrHasher wrote:
The problem you are describing is the same for me, whenever I start a track there is a popping/crackling sound, same when a track is paused or ends. This happens also mid audio when there is silence in one of the channels. Wrote to ASUS support they said its a hardware issue, hope its the case and switching with a new Theta will solve the issue, otherwise ...

Try FW0039

im using fw 0039 but ty.

ION2K9 wrote:
im using fw 0039 but ty.

Try to format your pc maybe something in your audio interfacing with something just wanted you to update everything you can download windows 10 iso from their website ( Microsoft )...

lLegendaary wrote:
Try to format your pc maybe something in your audio interfacing with something just wanted you to update everything you can download windows 10 iso from their website ( Microsoft )...

Its not an issue with the PC, I tested on a phone with USB-C the problem persists even there. It is not a firmware problem and surely not a problem with my PC.

Asus response to the issue is:
A thorough review of your case points to a hardware issue. The next step is for you to send in the
product for repair or return the unit to it's place of purchase if it's still within the return period.

My problem is the place of purchase does not want to RMA the product 😞 so money thrown out the window.

CrHasher wrote:
Its not an issue with the PC, I tested on a phone with USB-C the problem persists even there. It is not a firmware problem and surely not a problem with my PC.

Asus response to the issue is:
A thorough review of your case points to a hardware issue. The next step is for you to send in the
product for repair or return the unit to it's place of purchase if it's still within the return period.

My problem is the place of purchase does not want to RMA the product 😞 so money thrown out the window.

ASUS ROG warranties are typically regional. If your product is zones for North America, the warranty would only be valid in North America, unless it comes with a Global warranty. You would be responsible for international shipping to the United States.
But we cannot ship it back internationally.
We would require an address in the United States to ship it back to.
This would be the same with any other region in the world.

CrHasher wrote:

I have now had 3 headsets, all of them have done this. I am out of ideas or options what to do, i guess give up =(

Conglacio
Level 8
Also to note, the 2nd headset only had an issue with the right ear cup. The 3rd has an issue with both, On the sound channel test it only seems to happen on the front left and front right speakers.