cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cs:go/overwatch and 5.1 sound !!! nops

kokobsb
Level 7
hello to all so I am playing cs:go and basically I never thought about to play the game in windowed mode to see if all my channels are active well I guess not .I am getting 5.0 in csgo or even overwatch I am getting 7.0 so the sub is not working for these 2 games can somebody else confirm too .?I personally think its the game .thanks for your answers.
5 REPLIES 5

Bill
Level 7
Hello kokobsb
Can you tell me which headset are you using?
Have you set your game audio settings to meet your output device?
Thank you

thank you for your answer well I have the centurion 7.1 and I have latest drivers installed and in windows sound menu all 7.1 channels are active I tried every channel seperatly and there is sound in the sub .but not in csgo or overwatch the sub is silent no matter. well in csgo is 5.1 I had selected but its playing 5.0 and overwatch there isn't any audio options I think its automatic and atmos is off in overwatch and I get only 7.0 so no sub.

Bill@ASUS wrote:
Hello kokobsb
Can you tell me which headset are you using?
Have you set your game audio settings to meet your output device?
Thank you

We really need a low frequency crossover for games that don’t send out 7.1

I can’t believe this has been an issue for so long. I only just bought my Centurions this week. Rather dismayed to now discover this problem has been reported and not fixed after so long. 😞

Yeah been pretty disappointed that the sub cannot be utilized... Or that this headset refuses to try to support a 5.1 configuration that indeed should utilize the sub.

This headset is great and all but the industry will not support the setup and I shouldve done my research before purchasing. The other prob is it seems they went too small/cheap on the rear speakers which is why they will only ever do this quiet tinney sound.

Guess Ima have to eat this one as buyers remorse. Will be staying away from ROG for peripherals and just use them for mobos. They have a ways to go before they get that market right.

Hi there. I have the same issue. I think that Counter Strike Global Offensive does not support 7 channels sound. It would be really great, but, unfortunately, it's not working. I think that this is the main reason for my low rank. I've been playing on Gold Novas and couldn't up the rank because of this bad sound. The only way for me to up the rank was to ask some csgo boosters to do that for me. By the way, it worked and now I am playing on much higher ranks