cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armory software malfuntion with ROG Theta 7.1

PrÃ_d
Level 7
Hello,

So, this marvellous software Armory crate thought let's go update; which resulted in the program to malfunction.

Every time I want to configure my headphones it says I need to update but there is nothing to update.

I uninstalled it with the uninstall program you can download and reinstalled it and same thing keeps happening.

I even downloaded the whole install package to try that but still nothing.

The thing does not understand there are no more updates.

So now I can't even use the headphones because it always mutes my microphone and I need armory crate to unmute it
and to switch profiles.

It worked fine just 3 days ago 😕

What am I supposed to do?

I'm using windows 11

300-dollar headphones but can't even use them, ... What kind of idiots make this software.

Regards

Sebastian
19 REPLIES 19

Rebootableglitc
Level 7
I am in the same boat as you rate now, it was working fine till i did the update today and same exsact issue your having I am having, I called asus and basicly demanded to speak to a super visor cause there 1st level of support (first time around) told me to update the bios on my motherboard and clear the cmos then called them back and they told me it was out of warranty and i was out of luck, Im expecting to hear back from a supervisor soon reguarding my issue, told them basicly armory crate is the property of asus your headset has your logo has your name it is the property of asus your software that you own sent an update to the head set I purchased from a retailer that you provided said head set to broke said head set, you are responsible for fixing the problem cause last time I checked I was in the bounds of asus warranty or no warranty.

oh and by the way, bios 1603 for zenith 2 alpha is unstable had to revert to 1502 cause my computer would not stop restarting it self, if I didnt know any better id assume my computer was having a digital seizure and multiple ones at that.

Rebootableglitch wrote:
oh and by the way, bios 1603 for zenith 2 alpha is unstable had to revert to 1502 cause my computer would not stop restarting it self, if I didnt know any better id assume my computer was having a digital seizure and multiple ones at that.

I already have all latest updates, I also did a cmos reset yesterday and did a windows self heal proces.

There is nothing wrong with it.

I still have warranty, I only bought it like 2-3 months ago.

How can the issue be the computer if it works fine before a update they make ???

Long story short the broke it with an update and no one knows what the left hand of the company is doing from the right hand of the company, Its a hillarious joke I only wish I was laughing, I didnt think it was the cmos ether or the motherboard bios update I thought it was a hail mary attempt at throw something at the wall and see what sticks approach for tech support from asus, I don't think there first level of tech support even knows enough how to turn on there own computers let alone research and diagnose on how to fix an issue, clearly a someone has to come by and do it for them.

going to be throwing this forum at them when they come back and say hey look this guy has had the headset for 3 months and he has the same issue after the update tell me this is not a asus issue, I dare you. XD.

I just got told who told you to install armory crate for your head set.... -face palms- its the software you are required to download in order for it to work with your head set and you pose it as a question? like im not supposed to download YOUR SOFTWARE for YOUR PRODUCT? for real?

Rebootableglitch wrote:
I just got told who told you to install armory crate for your head set.... -face palms- its the software you are required to download in order for it to work with your head set and you pose it as a question? like im not supposed to download YOUR SOFTWARE for YOUR PRODUCT? for real?

WTF 🙂

I also made a support request, I sure hope Belgian European support is more intelligent 🙂

I linked this thread to them,...

Well let me know if they find you a resolution that does not involve warranty, cause Ive gotten the same company line 19 times today, and ive litterly had to over power them and say listen it isnt a warranty issue, your software force updated your head set, I did not get a choice in the matter, if your going to take away freedom of choice and make someone update your product with the stuff you give them then you are solely responsible for every single fault that happens if it happens at all with your products, warranty or no warranty.

Nate152
Hi guys,

Sorry to hear you're having issues with you ROG Theta 7.1 headset after an update.

Something you could try is using the Armoury Crate uninstall tool and reinstalling Armoury Crate.

In the link below, select your operating system then click "Show all" in blue, the uninstall tool is the third download.

https://www.asus.com/supportonly/armoury%20crate/helpdesk_download/

Once uninstalled, install Armoury Crate version 3.2.3.0 and check for updates at the Update Center.

Did this help any?