[Motherboard] ASUS AIO cooler support for 12th gen Intel Alder Lake processors (LGA 1700)
● Which models will come bundled with the LGA 1700 mounting kit?
Eligible models as of November 2021* include:
- ROG RYUJIN II 360/ ROG RYUJIN II 240
- ROG STRIX LC II 360/ ROG STRIX LC II 360 ARGB/ ROG STRIX LC II 280 ARGB/ ROG STRIX LC II 240/ ROG STRIX LC II 240 ARGB/ ROG STRIX LC II 120 ARGB
- TUF GAMING LC 240 ARGB/ TUF GAMING LC 120 ARGB
In addition, all future ASUS CPU coolers will provide out-of-the-box support of the Intel® LGA 1700 socket for Alder Lake.
The LGA 1700 mounting kit package includes:
- 1 x Intel socket LGA 1700 mounting bracket
- 1 x Intel socket LGA 1700 backplate
- 4 x Intel socket LGA 1700 standoff screws
*Product availability may differ by region. Please check with your local sales representative for more information.
● How do I know if my AIO cooler already includes the LGA 1700 mounting kit?
1. Check if the product color box has a LGA 1700 sticker on the front cover.
2. Check the packing contents: the LGA 1700 kit contains one Intel socket LGA 1700 mounting bracket, one Intel socket LGA 1700 backplate, and four Intel socket LGA 1700 standoff screws.
● I have an ASUS AIO cooler that does not come with the new LGA 1700 mounting kit. Does that mean I cannot pair it with the upcoming new Intel Z690 LGA 1700-based motherboards?
The mounting holes for LGA 1200 and LGA 1700 are different. We suggest using LGA 1700-compatible coolers for your new Intel motherboards. To help ensure backwards compatibility with as many CPU coolers as possible, ASUS Z690 motherboards include both LGA 1200 and LGA 1700 mounting holes. The LGA 1200 retention kit currently bundled with ASUS AIO liquid coolers creates a smooth upgrade path for ASUS Z690 users.*
Learn more about ASUS Z690 series motherboards.
*Users of third-party CPU coolers may need to contact their manufacturers to resolve compatibility issues.
● Can I use the LGA 1700 retention kit for my LGA 1200-based motherboard and my old ASUS AIO coolers?
Yes, the new retention kit is compatible with all ASUS AIO coolers and it supports Intel LGA 20XX, LGA 1700, LGA 11XX, and LGA 1200 CPU sockets.