cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with AMD Software on ASUS TUF A15 2023

Betablockr
Level 8

I have the TUF A15 2023 model with the Ryzen 7 7735HS and RTX 4060 I am having issues with the AMD software adrenaline.

It's missing from my context menu, and only bug report is showing. I have tried uninstalling it and re-installed it via AMDs website but I still am unable to open the software after a reboot.

I am pulling my hairs out over this, I need the software as it has all the freesync options etc in there.

Any help would be seriously appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kumbatron
Level 7

That happens because Windows 11 is installing the latest drivers of AMD. You must block the installation of drivers via Windows update. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

brootle
Level 7

shut down your laptop completely and turn it back on, check if AMD Radeon Graphics driver is working in Display Adapters in Device manager...

Kumbatron
Level 7

That happens because Windows 11 is installing the latest drivers of AMD. You must block the installation of drivers via Windows update. 

You where absolutely correct, I temporarily disabled Windows updates, I then used DDU to remove all traces off AMD software and drivers and then installed adrenaline using auto detect install. It all installed perfectly, chipset drivers etc. And then re enabled windows updates and no more issues!

The issue will re-emerge on the next update. 

Use this guide to block the driver updates for future. How to disable automatic driver updates on Windows 10 | Windows Central

I no longer have the said issue and have been using the laptop for about 2 months now and I regulary check and install all updates, it has not tried to reinstall the driver via windows update at least in my case. I do not wish to disable driver updates fully as for obvious reasons, now adrenaline has installed properly and fully funtional it seems to stop the Windows driver installing. I think the key was first blocking updates, then running DDU to wipe all AMD drivers off and then installing adrenaline, reboot and re-enable updates. That order seemed to work permenantly for me!

Note I was using Windows 11 so may be different with Windows 10