- Intel ME Consumer Firmware :

Firmware : 14.1.72.2287 [24/06/2023]
PMC Firmware : 140.2.01.1018 [22/02/2021]
PCHC Firmware : 14.0.0.7002 [12/06/2020]
PHY Firmware : 12.14.215.2015 [25/08/2021]
Download : Link

Check/Update Process :

Check current version : Right click on "Check.cmd" > Run as administrator

Install/Update : Right click on "Install.cmd" > Run as administrator > Automatic restart when install is done

OS requirements : Windows 10 64 bit or more recent.
Hardware requirements : Motherboards with Intel H470/Z490 chipset.

234 REPLIES 234

geneo wrote:
That is a very old version of the Intel CSME detection tool you are using. The current one is 7.0.1.0 (there may be even newer, I did not check). To check against newer vulnerabilities, you have to keep the Intel tool updated. Your ME firmware version is vulnerable against one or more known security vulnerabilities.

Having said that a lot o the Management Engine vulnerabilities require physical access to the computer in order to exploit them. These are of low risk to most users.

i see i download intel tool new version and say in red is vulnerable , now the real question is , should i update the firmware ?
wich one of this i have to click and install

the computer will be restart automatically , or should i restart , or should i turn off the pc wait a min and turn on again ?
or should i no install the firmware maybe cause bootlot , what do you recommened to me pls

Yuniel wrote:
i see i download intel tool new version and say in red is vulnerable , now the real question is , should i update the firmware ?
wich one of this i have to click and install

the computer will be restart automatically , or should i restart , or should i turn off the pc wait a min and turn on again ?
or should i no install the firmware maybe cause bootlot , what do you recommened to me pls

I wouldn't update. The latest version in this post is faulty and you can't go back once you've flashed it. It will make some settings unavailable on your board, like BCLK, Max core Temp and possibly others. It is unlikely that the vulnerabilities will be exploited. A number require physical access to your machine.

ROG Hero XIII | 10900k @5.2 GHz | g.skill 2x32GB 4200 CL18 | ROG Strix 2070S | EK Nucleus 360 Dark | 6TB SSD/nvme, 16TB external HDD | 2x 1440p | Vanatoo speakers with Klipsch sub | Fractal Meshify 2 case

geneo wrote:
I wouldn't update. The latest version in this post is faulty and you can't go back once you've flashed it. It will make some settings unavailable on your board, like BCLK, Max core Temp and possibly others. It is unlikely that the vulnerabilities will be exploited. A number require physical access to your machine.

alright thanks for your honest opinion mate , i will stay from the lastest from original page , yes i read in 1 hour aloot people with problem bootloop , cant acces bios etc.. if my computer running stable i only enable xmp 3600 for the ram and all work good with last bios 2601 , i will stay with the ME with the version
Intel ME
Version 14.1.53.1649V1.1
2021/06/10
https://rog.asus.com/us/motherboards/rog-maximus/rog-maximus-xii-formula-model/helpdesk_bios

unless asus on the oficial page posted new ME firmware i will no touch anything

geneo wrote:
That is a very old version of the Intel CSME detection tool you are using. The current one is 7.0.1.0 (there may be even newer, I did not check). To check against newer vulnerabilities, you have to keep the Intel tool updated. Your ME firmware version is vulnerable against one or more known security vulnerabilities.

Having said that a lot o the Management Engine vulnerabilities require physical access to the computer in order to exploit them. These are of low risk to most users.

Hey again Gene, how come you have to get 15.XXXX intel ME version on your Asus ? and still getting vulnerable ? I also use the same Intel ME tool with the firmware gave here on this forum by mokuchi (it is less worse than we stated before, just a few stuff are locked but mainly, my OC is back to normal, in worst case, you can OC the FCLK through AI suite III and it is working, as much as other parameters).
The only issue so far I couldnt resolve is the Tj max on BIOS, that is still bugged (didnt try on the new 2601bios tho).

Oh and by the way, since I've updated my bios, Armoury crate doesnt detect any of my devices anymore (aura sync), neither voltages etc ...
Well well..

Tekamine wrote:
Hey again Gene, how come you have to get 15.XXXX intel ME version on your Asus ? and still getting vulnerable ? I also use the same Intel ME tool with the firmware gave here on this forum by mokuchi (it is less worse than we stated before, just a few stuff are locked but mainly, my OC is back to normal, in worst case, you can OC the FCLK through AI suite III and it is working, as much as other parameters).
The only issue so far I couldnt resolve is the Tj max on BIOS, that is still bugged (didnt try on the new 2601bios tho).

Sorry I missed this. I am using a z590 now.

ROG Hero XIII | 10900k @5.2 GHz | g.skill 2x32GB 4200 CL18 | ROG Strix 2070S | EK Nucleus 360 Dark | 6TB SSD/nvme, 16TB external HDD | 2x 1440p | Vanatoo speakers with Klipsch sub | Fractal Meshify 2 case

Which model if I may ask ?

I assume Z590 have more recent intel ME firmwares updates (on Asus webpage ? seeing you on 15.xxx).
Since i've updated to the new bios, my pc is triple booting every time ... Dunno if it s bios related, or related to the bios vs firmware taken here, or even drivers downloaded here as well (ME drivers, chipset drivers etc ...)

Ataemonus
Level 11
So...why are you here, exactly ?

Ataemonus wrote:
So...why are you here, exactly ?

well asking for advised / help if update the ME from what post here (link for download from mega.nz in the forum the user MoKiChU), or stay with the version on the official page of the motherboard , beacuse the intel version detection tool say my machine is vulnerable , so idk if the firmware of MoKiChU are official from asus or no and if it worth to update or no beacuse of problem with bootloop surrounded is a curse basically what i see about z490 if the bios , if the firmware , if the bootloop , is basically terror / horror what you can read here in the forum people rollback the bios in order to the machine to work
https://rog.asus.com/us/motherboards/rog-maximus/rog-maximus-xii-formula-model/helpdesk_bios

Yuniel wrote:
well asking for advised / help if update the ME from what post here (link for download from mega.nz in the forum the user MoKiChU), or stay with the version on the official page of the motherboard , beacuse the intel version detection tool say my machine is vulnerable , so idk if the firmware of MoKiChU are official from asus or no and if it worth to update or no beacuse of problem with bootloop surrounded is a curse basically what i see about z490 if the bios , if the firmware , if the bootloop , is basically terror / horror what you can read here in the forum people rollback the bios in order to the machine to work

They are not official from Asus nor are from Asus.