- Intel ME Consumer Firmware :

Firmware : 14.1.72.2287 [24/06/2023]
PMC Firmware : 140.2.01.1018 [22/02/2021]
PCHC Firmware : 14.0.0.7002 [12/06/2020]
PHY Firmware : 12.14.215.2015 [25/08/2021]
Download : Link

Check/Update Process :

Check current version : Right click on "Check.cmd" > Run as administrator

Install/Update : Right click on "Install.cmd" > Run as administrator > Automatic restart when install is done

OS requirements : Windows 10 64 bit or more recent.
Hardware requirements : Motherboards with Intel H470/Z490 chipset.

234 REPLIES 234

MoKiChU
Level 40

Hi everyone,

- Intel ME Consumer Firmware :

Firmware : 14.1.70.2228 [13/02/2023]
PMC Firmware : 140.2.01.1018 [22/02/2021]
PCHC Firmware : 14.0.0.7002 [12/06/2020]
PHY Firmware : 12.14.215.2015 [25/08/2021]

Thread updated.

PerpetualCycle
Level 13
I don't seem to be able to change the BCLK in BIOS to anything other than 100 MHz without boot looping either.

I would stay well away form this version. It has serious issues.

ROG Hero XIII | 10900k @5.2 GHz | g.skill 2x32GB 4200 CL18 | ROG Strix 2070S | EK Nucleus 360 Dark | 6TB SSD/nvme, 16TB external HDD | 2x 1440p | Vanatoo speakers with Klipsch sub | Fractal Meshify 2 case

jrmpt
Level 8
I left my looping Z490 in the store today for RMA. There, the board booted with a 10x00 CPU. Seems the problem is the combination of the Z490 + ME + 11x00 CPUs.

jrmpt wrote:
I left my looping Z490 in the store today for RMA. There, the board booted with a 10x00 CPU. Seems the problem is the combination of the Z490 + ME + 11x00 CPUs.

Hope they ll take it as a RMA situation, in the end, that is Asus fault that their ME firmware/drivers arnt up to date and full of security leaks... Mokuchi is releasing those firmware for us, Asus users to be up to date... MSI is already on 15.XXX version on their official website...
I am still stuck to those 1969 version, working with AI suite, but can not tweak the BIOS anymore. Waiting for Asus to realease a BIOS is as if you ll wait for an unicorn it seems. And Z490/590 respresents mb the largest high end users nowadays, but ...
Good luck for you.

@Geneo, can you check your latency with latencymon (in kernel mode options), please ? I am stuck to 12ms because of kernel and nvidia drivers issues... Didnt find any way so far to come back around 1/2 ms latency. OC or not ...
If you could keep me in touch. Ty

Tekamine wrote:
Hope they ll take it as a RMA situation, in the end, that is Asus fault that their ME firmware/drivers arnt up to date and full of security leaks... Mokuchi is releasing those firmware for us, Asus users to be up to date... MSI is already on 15.XXX version on their official website...
I am still stuck to those 1969 version, working with AI suite, but can not tweak the BIOS anymore. Waiting for Asus to realease a BIOS is as if you ll wait for an unicorn it seems. And Z490/590 respresents mb the largest high end users nowadays, but ...
Good luck for you.

@Geneo, can you check your latency with latencymon (in kernel mode options), please ? I am stuck to 12ms because of kernel and nvidia drivers issues... Didnt find any way so far to come back around 1/2 ms latency. OC or not ...
If you could keep me in touch. Ty

I don't see at all how this is Asus fault at all. They did not provide or publish this firmware, so they did not test it on their boards, or did and found issues with it so did not publish it. The security issue that this resolves requires physical access to your machine, which should not be a concern for home users. Mokichu is providing untested, unoffical firmware. While that is laudable you are taking a risk when you flash it - it is untested. Mocichu doesn't test it and can't across the myriad of motherboards. You should understand this before you macke a decision to flash it.

Asus really can't test every version of ME on their older motherboards. I expect they make a decision on whether or not a ME vulnerability warrants the effort. As I said in this case it requires physical access (as do most ME firmare vulnerabilities).

It is easy to lay blame, but the only blame here is upon the user, who knows the risk and flashes, or that the risk is not conveyed sufficiently to the user by the publisher of the firmware. For me I blame myself as I know better.

ME firmware is particularly risky as in general, you cannot roll back by design.

ROG Hero XIII | 10900k @5.2 GHz | g.skill 2x32GB 4200 CL18 | ROG Strix 2070S | EK Nucleus 360 Dark | 6TB SSD/nvme, 16TB external HDD | 2x 1440p | Vanatoo speakers with Klipsch sub | Fractal Meshify 2 case

jrmpt wrote:

Yeah i have that problem too, combination Z490 f with I9 11900k plus latest ME firmware is boot loop .And then i buy new motherboard MSI Z590 Gaming Force. Because that problem is annoying. And urgent situation.

Seems that the formula XII have some issues to accept the 11900K natively :

https://www.overclock.net/threads/official-asus-rog-maximus-xii-formula-z490-board-thread.1747408/pa...

OyOy New bios available for the formulas ! 2601 !

I am scared to brick it again tho ...

Yuniel
Level 10
for the record , i update the bios to asus maximus xii formula to 2601 all good (bad news is i have to settup all to my tasted , fans curve , turnoff asus armoury , turn off aura/led etc.. no OC , only turn on again the XMP profile beacuse after you update bios all reset to factory , just after the bios update 1 bootlop and turn display and all good , i forget before update the bios asus recommended to press F5 and set all default before bios update , but thanks god nothing bad hapenned during bios update and the PC work stable normal like the old version bios 2403), but i using the firmware of the official driver of asus version Intel ME
Version 14.1.53.1649V1.1

and using intel tool say

so idk why you guys updating the firmware if it NOT neccesary , why fixed if it no broken ?

Yuniel wrote:
for the record , i update the bios to asus maximus xii formula to 2601 all good (bad news is i have to settup all to my tasted , fans curve , turnoff asus armoury , turn off aura/led etc.. no OC , only turn on again the XMP profile beacuse after you update bios all reset to factory , just after the bios update 1 bootlop and turn display and all good , i forget before update the bios asus recommended to press F5 and set all default before bios update , but thanks god nothing bad hapenned during bios update and the PC work stable normal like the old version bios 2403), but i using the firmware of the official driver of asus version Intel ME
Version 14.1.53.1649V1.1

and using intel tool say

so idk why you guys updating the firmware if it NOT neccesary , why fixed if it no broken ?

That is a very old version of the Intel CSME detection tool you are using. The current one is 7.0.1.0 (there may be even newer, I did not check). To check against newer vulnerabilities, you have to keep the Intel tool updated. Your ME firmware version is vulnerable against one or more known security vulnerabilities.

Having said that a lot o the Management Engine vulnerabilities require physical access to the computer in order to exploit them. These are of low risk to most users.