- Intel ME Consumer Firmware :

Firmware : 14.1.72.2287 [24/06/2023]
PMC Firmware : 140.2.01.1018 [22/02/2021]
PCHC Firmware : 14.0.0.7002 [12/06/2020]
PHY Firmware : 12.14.215.2015 [25/08/2021]
Download : Link

Check/Update Process :

Check current version : Right click on "Check.cmd" > Run as administrator

Install/Update : Right click on "Install.cmd" > Run as administrator > Automatic restart when install is done

OS requirements : Windows 10 64 bit or more recent.
Hardware requirements : Motherboards with Intel H470/Z490 chipset.

234 REPLIES 234

l0r3d wrote:
I try resetting cmos with jumper method or using the battery method and then I try asus bios flashback feature with usb updated with bios version 2103,2201,2301,2403. The result is boot loop too.Can not access to the bios even go to windows. Any suggestion how to resolve this problem ? Thanks

Ok let's try to help your case, that is annoyingly similar to ours... It will be resolved ONCE you manage to boot one time, then you ll get into your bios and do whatever you want EXCEPT touching the DIGI+ section about power limits, temperature threshold, current etc... That can be done with AI suite later, and you ll be able to boot after setting up your bios (which i do not recommand), just load optimized default settings and try to boot up.

So, first, the key to bios flash back needs to be lower than 8Gb and formated in FAT32 or the operation might not work (couldnt flash back my bios with a 32gb key for instance, neither in NTFS, thanks god I have an oled screen on my mobo to check the status while I flash or flashback...).

Then, imagining you managed to do it. You ll still boot loop, during the 10 secs of that boot, before it turns off and try to reboot, press one time Clear Cmos. Then it is suppose to shutdown the PC, it will reboot 4 times, not less, and Bios will be accessible. If it doesnt work, then, during the boot loop (it's rebooting every 10 sec approx), press and hold the Clear Cmos button for 5 sec, then it will shut down again (that s what happens to me, if it doesnt shut down, then shut down your computer after clearing the CMOS). Then it will again boot 4 times in a row, the 5th time, bios will appear and keyboard will be enlightened (if it s RGB or just backlighted).

Try those methods and come tell us if you managed.

Good luck mate !

Tekamine wrote:
Ok let's try to help your case, that is annoyingly similar to ours... It will be resolved ONCE you manage to boot one time, then you ll get into your bios and do whatever you want EXCEPT touching the DIGI+ section about power limits, temperature threshold, current etc... That can be done with AI suite later, and you ll be able to boot after setting up your bios (which i do not recommand), just load optimized default settings and try to boot up.

So, first, the key to bios flash back needs to be lower than 8Gb and formated in FAT32 or the operation might not work (couldnt flash back my bios with a 32gb key for instance, neither in NTFS, thanks god I have an oled screen on my mobo to check the status while I flash or flashback...).

Then, imagining you managed to do it. You ll still boot loop, during the 10 secs of that boot, before it turns off and try to reboot, press one time Clear Cmos. Then it is suppose to shutdown the PC, it will reboot 4 times, not less, and Bios will be accessible. If it doesnt work, then, during the boot loop (it's rebooting every 10 sec approx), press and hold the Clear Cmos button for 5 sec, then it will shut down again (that s what happens to me, if it doesnt shut down, then shut down your computer after clearing the CMOS). Then it will again boot 4 times in a row, the 5th time, bios will appear and keyboard will be enlightened (if it s RGB or just backlighted).

Try those methods and come tell us if you managed.

Good luck mate !

hello @tekamine
Can not work but if I use a 10700k processor it can boot but it will reboot 2 times . Nowaday ,I bought a new motherboard MSI Z590 Gaming Force for while, because it's frustrating me. But ROG STRIX Z490-f is still with me, I'm curious about this problem. I think to downgrade Intel Management Firmware is a solution but it can not.How to downgrade Intel Management Firmware ? Any suggestion ? Thanks

l0r3d wrote:
hello @tekamine
Can not work but if I use a 10700k processor it can boot but it will reboot 2 times . Nowaday ,I bought a new motherboard MSI Z590 Gaming Force for while, because it's frustrating me. But ROG STRIX Z490-f is still with me, I'm curious about this problem. I think to downgrade Intel Management Firmware is a solution but it can not.How to downgrade Intel Management Firmware ? Any suggestion ? Thanks

Hey, glad to hear you changed motherboard lol, i bought also a "rescue" MSI in case of my Formula to Die or not to boot anymore.

Though, to downgrade ME, you can't most of the time unfortunatly, you only can downgrade if the two versions have the same security version, which is rare.
There is a way to know if the old ME firmware has the same security number than the one installed with a software called intel ME analyzer, then, you check the security numbers, if the first numbers match then you can roll back, if not, you are stuck to them ...

Tekamine wrote:
Hey, glad to hear you changed motherboard lol, i bought also a "rescue" MSI in case of my Formula to Die or not to boot anymore.

Though, to downgrade ME, you can't most of the time unfortunatly, you only can downgrade if the two versions have the same security version, which is rare.
There is a way to know if the old ME firmware has the same security number than the one installed with a software called intel ME analyzer, then, you check the security numbers, if the first numbers match then you can roll back, if not, you are stuck to them ...

I just bought the MSI brand for the first time , I can downgrade Intel Management Firmware with flashing previous Bios. Asus can't do that. Why ?

l0r3d wrote:
I just bought the MSI brand for the first time , I can downgrade Intel Management Firmware with flashing previous Bios. Asus can't do that. Why ?

It's Intel problem

Minh Le wrote:
It's Intel problem

Asus BIOS is set up to not allow the Intel Management Engine region to be overwritten with a BIOS update.
In addition, Intel does not allow you to flash ME firmware with older versions (depending on the SVN number) by design.

It is the combination of these two that does not allow you to roll back by flashing ME firmware via a BIOS update or a direct ME flash.

The posted firmware are not official in that Asus has not tested and approved them for their motherboards. Caveat Emptor.

ROG Hero XIII | 10900k @5.2 GHz | g.skill 2x32GB 4200 CL18 | ROG Strix 2070S | EK Nucleus 360 Dark | 6TB SSD/nvme, 16TB external HDD | 2x 1440p | Vanatoo speakers with Klipsch sub | Fractal Meshify 2 case

l0r3d wrote:

That's exactly what I was saying, it is stilll possible to roll back with some heavy tweaks with the strict condition of that specific SVN number, that Geneo mentionned !

geneo wrote:
Asus BIOS is set up to not allow the Intel Management Engine region to be overwritten with a BIOS update.
In addition, Intel does not allow you to flash ME firmware with older versions (depending on the SVN number) by design.

It is the combination of these two that does not allow you to roll back by flashing ME firmware via a BIOS update or a direct ME flash.

The posted firmware are not official in that Asus has not tested and approved them for their motherboards. Caveat Emptor.

You need the software I mentionned above to check if the SVN are matching, or at least on the same security range/number/serial, which is often not the case.
Check with the software I've shared with you, try to find how to roll back (it is possible but really tricky) and come back.
Btw, did you try all the manipulations I have posted already about clearing CMOS ? It should work since it worked for all of us so far ...

Regards

Tekamine wrote:
That's exactly what I was saying, it is stilll possible to roll back with some heavy tweaks with the strict condition of that specific SVN number, that Geneo mentionned !

You need the software I mentionned above to check if the SVN are matching, or at least on the same security range/number/serial, which is often not the case.
Check with the software I've shared with you, try to find how to roll back (it is possible but really tricky) and come back.
Btw, did you try all the manipulations I have posted already about clearing CMOS ? It should work since it worked for all of us so far ...

Regards

I try all the manipulations with 10700k but, If i turn on my computer with (ac) cable power connector from wall first time, its take 2 times restart. And then my computer look normal. The funny thing is if my computer standby mode, then i turn it on my computer boot normaly. If i use My 11900k can not work. It is weird. Any help? Thanks

jrmpt
Level 8
Hi. Updated my Z490 TUF WIFI and got a bricked MB. Just boot and after 20 seconds reboot. It was impossible to recover using a bios flashback or CMOS reset. No image, nothing.

PerpetualCycle
Level 13
Not offhand, sorry

ROG Hero XIII | 10900k @5.2 GHz | g.skill 2x32GB 4200 CL18 | ROG Strix 2070S | EK Nucleus 360 Dark | 6TB SSD/nvme, 16TB external HDD | 2x 1440p | Vanatoo speakers with Klipsch sub | Fractal Meshify 2 case