cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[DRIVERS] Realtek Audio (AMD 3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx & Intel 2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx/7xx)

MoKiChU
Level 40

Hi everyone,

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS) :

Drivers : 6.0.9649.1 WHQL [27/02/2024]
SS3-SSVM Extension Driver : 1.3.18.0 WHQL [13/07/2022]
SS3-SSVM VAD Media Driver : 1.0.3.0 WHQL [07/06/2022]
SS3 APO AudioProcessingObject Driver : 3.7.0.0 WHQL [20/02/2024]
DTS APO4x Extension Driver : 1.14.0.0 WHQL [17/12/2023]
Download : Link

ASUS ROG SS3 & SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console, Sonic Studio/Radar III, DTS Sound Unbound installed /!\
Uninstall them (Start > Settings > Apps) then restart your PC
Launch Driver Store Explorer > Check the boxes of all versions of drivers which .inf starts with (if you find them) :
a-volute | avolute | dts | extrtxusb | hdx | realtek | rtdusbad
Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button
Launch SS3 Cleaner by right-click Run as admin
Press Windows key + X > "Device Manager" > "View" > Check "Show hidden devices" > "Sofware components" category
Uninstall these hidden devices by right-click Uninstall device (if you find them) then restart your PC :
DTS Audio Effects Component | DTS APO4x Service Component

INSTALL

Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > Automatic restart when install is done
Go in "Apps" folder > Install your apps from the Microsoft Store shortcuts

UPDATE

Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > Automatic restart when install is done

Note : Your apps will be updated automatically via the Microsoft Store.

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME RTK) :

ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME Realtek motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console installed /!\
Launch Driver Store Explorer > Check the boxes of all versions of drivers which .inf starts with (if you find them) :
Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button then restart your PC

INSTALL

Go in "Apps" folder > Install your app from the Microsoft Store shortcut

UPDATE

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTSX Ultra) :

DTS APO4x Service SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.14.9.0 WHQL [31/01/2024]
DTS APO4x Core AudioProcessingObject|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.14.2.0 WHQL [03/01/2024]
DTSX Ultra HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.11.5.0 WHQL [06/07/2023]

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS AP) :

DTS AP APO4x Extension Driver : 1.14.0.0 WHQL [17/12/2023]
DTS APO4x Service SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.14.9.0 WHQL [31/01/2024]
DTS APO4x Core AudioProcessingObject|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.14.2.0 WHQL [03/01/2024]
DTS AP HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.10.5.0 WHQL [06/07/2023]

ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS:X Ultra & DTS Audio Processing motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console, DTS:X Ultra or DTS Audio Processing installed /!\
Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button then restart your PC

INSTALL

UPDATE

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS HPXv1) :

Drivers : 66.0.9649.1 WHQL [27/02/2024]
DTS HPXv1 APO3x Extension Driver : 1.1.1.0 WHQL [03/09/2019]
DTS APO3x Core SoftwareComponent|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.2.0.0 WHQL [04/07/2020]
DTS HPXv1 HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 2.1.0.0 WHQL [03/09/2019]

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS Custom) :

DTS Custom APO3x Extension Driver : 1.2.2.0 WHQL [07/12/2020]
DTS APO3x Core SoftwareComponent|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.2.0.0 WHQL [04/07/2020]
DTS Custom HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 2.1.2.0 WHQL [08/07/2020]

ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS Headphone:X v1 & DTS Custom motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console, DTS Headphone:X v1 or DTS Custom installed /!\

INSTALL

UPDATE

OS requirements : Windows 10 64 bit or more recent.
Hardware requirements (AMD) : ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME motherboards with AMD 3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx series chipsets (except ROG with ALC40xx).
Hardware requirements (Intel) : ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME motherboards with Intel 2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx/7xx series chipsets (except ROG with ALC40xx).

Note : In order to know which drivers package to use, match the audio specifications of your motherboard with the apps or ask me.

TIPS :

If you want to manage the drivers (remove old/unused drivers for example) that you have in your Windows DriverStore
Use Driver Store Explorer (Right click on "Rapr.exe" > Run as administrator).

If you want better interrupts delivery latency
Enable MSI (Message Signaled-based Interrupts) mode on all your supported devices (see the column "supported modes") with
MSI Mode Utility (Right click on "MSI_Mode_Utility_v3.exe" > Run as administrator).

If you experience crackling, popping, audio stutter
Disable hibernation (Fast Startup included).
3,026 REPLIES 3,026

HLBROG wrote:
It really works normal with Groove Music, will I have to abandon Windows Media Player or SS3, is there any way to fix it? Thank you.

Checking here also doesn't work with the latest version of VLC v3.0.11, only Groove Music works correctly.

I'm doing some tests, I think it's related to Microsoft Edge Chromium, I'll test more often and try to reach a more effective conclusion.

I still use the old WMP in Windows 10 and have never had any issue w/any of these newer Realtek drivers packaged up by MokiChu. If you have extra time, try following scrupulously the uninstall/cleanup process then installing the drivers for your mb from Asus web site. Would be interesting to see if no problem w/those old drivers.

But then you'll have to follow scrupulously the cleanup process again, in order to install the latest drivers here. However, at this point you're an expert in the uninstall/cleanup process, lol.

Hi. i have an asus prime z370-a motherboard. I currently have hda drivers and can set the sound in dts interactive (dts connect). Which uad driver will help me to continue using dts interactive? or does that option only appear in hda drivers?

SteverinoLA wrote:
I still use the old WMP in Windows 10 and have never had any issue w/any of these newer Realtek drivers packaged up by MokiChu. If you have extra time, try following scrupulously the uninstall/cleanup process then installing the drivers for your mb from Asus web site. Would be interesting to see if no problem w/those old drivers.

But then you'll have to follow scrupulously the cleanup process again, in order to install the latest drivers here. However, at this point you're an expert in the uninstall/cleanup process, lol.

I have no problems with uninstallation and cleaning, I always used MoKiChU drivers and I never had any problems, but after upgrading to 2004 and even with 1909 and recent drivers I started having these problems, I suspect the reason for the crash is the outdated SS3 or incompatible with WMP, MPCHC and Microsoft Edge Chromium, for some reason when the browser is open when I open SS3 only the browser appears in the list of applications and crashes, today at this moment I just did it for 3x in 4x the application shows me the same error that appears in the image I posted. I will post further, I will stop using Microsoft Edge Chromium for a few days to check this possibility.

MoKiChU
Level 40
dubravac.neven wrote:
Do i need sonic studio 3 for optimal listening experience? I want natural sound, they way it should be played.

Hi,

The perception of optimal listening experience of sound is different according to tastes and people. So it's up to you to choose what suits you best :

- SS3 installed & SS3 effect enabled (EQ via SS3)
- SS3 installed but SS3 effect disabled (EQ via SS3)
- SS3 uninstalled (EQ via Realtek Audio Control/Console)

rgen44 wrote:
All i get is a flash of the dos box.

Hi,

This phenomenon occurs when :

- the .cmd is started from a location with limited rights. In this case, move the drivers package folder to another location (Desktop, Downloads folder, etc.) and relaunch the .cmd.
- the drivers package folder is named ending with " (1)" because a drivers package folder named with the same version was already present. In this case, delete the folder that was existing and rename the new one by removing "(1)" from the folder name and relaunch the .cmd.

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

The perception of optimal listening experience of sound is different according to tastes and people. So it's up to you to choose what suits you best :

- SS3 installed & SS3 effect enabled (EQ via SS3)
- SS3 installed but SS3 effect disabled (EQ via SS3)
- SS3 uninstalled (EQ via Realtek Audio Control/Console)

Shouldn't be realtek EQ better for "natural" sound? They manufacture sound card. What i mean is i don't want artificial effects, especially if i sometimes work on audio production.

dubravac.neven wrote:
Shouldn't be realtek EQ better for "natural" sound? They manufacture sound card. What i mean is i don't want artificial effects, especially if i sometimes work on audio production.

Yes, the last case (SS3 uninstalled (EQ via Realtek Audio Control/Console)) should be fine for what you want.

MoKiChU wrote:
Yes, the last case (SS3 uninstalled (EQ via Realtek Audio Control/Console)) should be fine for what you want.

I have EQ only in digital output section, but not in speakers, it is normal?

dubravac.neven wrote:
I have EQ only in digital output section, but not in speakers, it is normal?

If you still have third party apps installed, yes this is normal as explained above.

If you want to have the EQ on Realtek Audio Control/Console, you must uninstall the third party apps (if you have an SS3 motherboard, you must uninstall Sonic Studio III and Sonic Radar III, if you have an SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboard, you must uninstall Sonic Studio III, Sonic Radar III and DTS Sound Unbound).

MoKiChU wrote:
If you still have third party apps installed, yes this is normal as explained above.

If you want to have the EQ on Realtek Audio Control/Console, you must uninstall the third party apps (if you have an SS3 motherboard, you must uninstall Sonic Studio III and Sonic Radar III, if you have an SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboard, you must uninstall Sonic Studio III, Sonic Radar III and DTS Sound Unbound).

I dind't install third party apps, only realtek drivers.

dubravac.neven wrote:
I dind't install third party apps, only realtek drivers.

- If you have an SS3 motherboard : Install SS3 > Once installed, wait for a notification asking you to restart your PC > Disable SS3 effect > Uninstall SS3.
- If you have an SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboard : Install SS3 > Once installed, wait for a notification asking you to restart your PC > Disable SS3 effect & Disable Sonic Studio Virtual Mixer (in Record Studio tab) > Uninstall SS3.