cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[DRIVERS] Realtek Audio (AMD 3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx/8xx & Intel 2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx/7xx/8xx)

MoKiChU
Level 40

Hi everyone,

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS) :

Drivers : 6.0.9702.1 WHQL [01/07/2024]
SS3-SSVM Extension Driver : 1.3.18.0 WHQL [13/07/2022]
SS3-SSVM VAD Media Driver : 1.0.3.0 WHQL [07/06/2022]
SS3 APO AudioProcessingObject Driver : 3.7.2.0 WHQL [20/06/2024]
DTS APO4x Extension Driver : 1.14.0.0 WHQL [17/12/2023]
Download : Link
 
 
ASUS ROG SS3 & SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console, Sonic Studio/Radar III, DTS Sound Unbound installed /!\
Uninstall them (Start > Settings > Apps) then restart your PC
Launch Driver Store Explorer > Check the boxes of all versions of drivers which .inf starts with (if you find them) :
a-volute | avolute | dts | extrtxusb | hdx | realtek | rtdusbad
Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button
Launch SS3 Cleaner by right-click Run as admin
Press Windows key + X > "Device Manager" > "View" > Check "Show hidden devices" > "Sofware components" category
Uninstall these hidden devices by right-click Uninstall device (if you find them) then restart your PC :
DTS Audio Effects Component | DTS APO4x Service Component

INSTALL

Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > Automatic restart when install is done
Go in "Apps" folder > Install your apps from the Microsoft Store shortcuts
Update your SS3 apps : Sonic Studio III v3.16.23.0 | Sonic Radar III v3.16.23.0

UPDATE

Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > Automatic restart when install is done

Note : Your apps will be updated automatically via the Microsoft Store.

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME RTK) :

Drivers : 6.0.9702.1 WHQL [01/07/2024]
Download : Link

ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME Realtek motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console installed /!\
Uninstall them (Start > Settings > Apps) then restart your PC
Launch Driver Store Explorer > Check the boxes of all versions of drivers which .inf starts with (if you find them) :
a-volute | avolute | dts | extrtxusb | hdx | realtek | rtdusbad
Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button then restart your PC

INSTALL

Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > Automatic restart when install is done
Go in "Apps" folder > Install your app from the Microsoft Store shortcut

UPDATE

Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > Automatic restart when install is done

Note : Your apps will be updated automatically via the Microsoft Store.

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTSX Ultra) :

Drivers : 6.0.9702.1 WHQL [01/07/2024]
DTS APO4x Extension Driver : 1.14.0.0 WHQL [17/12/2023]
DTS APO4x Service SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.14.14.0 WHQL [04/06/2024]
DTS APO4x Core AudioProcessingObject|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.14.8.0 WHQL [17/05/2024]
DTSX Ultra HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.11.6.0 WHQL [30/04/2024]
Download : Link

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS AP) :

Drivers : 6.0.9702.1 WHQL [01/07/2024]
DTS APO4x Extension Driver : 1.14.0.0 WHQL [17/12/2023]
DTS AP APO4x Extension Driver : 1.14.0.0 WHQL [17/12/2023]
DTS APO4x Service SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.14.14.0 WHQL [04/06/2024]
DTS APO4x Core AudioProcessingObject|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.14.8.0 WHQL [17/05/2024]
DTS AP HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.10.5.0 WHQL [06/07/2023]
Download : Link

ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS:X Ultra & DTS Audio Processing motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console, DTS:X Ultra or DTS Audio Processing installed /!\
Uninstall them (Start > Settings > Apps) then restart your PC
Launch Driver Store Explorer > Check the boxes of all versions of drivers which .inf starts with (if you find them) :
a-volute | avolute | dts | extrtxusb | hdx | realtek | rtdusbad
Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button then restart your PC

INSTALL

Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > Automatic restart when install is done
Go in "Apps" folder > Install your apps from the Microsoft Store shortcuts

UPDATE

Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > Automatic restart when install is done

Note : Your apps will be updated automatically via the Microsoft Store.

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS HPXv1) :

Drivers : 6.0.9702.1 WHQL [01/07/2024]
DTS HPXv1 APO3x Extension Driver : 1.1.1.0 WHQL [03/09/2019]
DTS APO3x Core SoftwareComponent|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.2.0.0 WHQL [04/07/2020]
DTS HPXv1 HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 2.1.0.0 WHQL [03/09/2019]
Download : Link

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS Custom) :

Drivers : 6.0.9702.1 WHQL [01/07/2024]
DTS Custom APO3x Extension Driver : 1.2.2.0 WHQL [07/12/2020]
DTS APO3x Core SoftwareComponent|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.2.0.0 WHQL [04/07/2020]
DTS Custom HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 2.1.2.0 WHQL [08/07/2020]
Download : Link

ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS Headphone:X v1 & DTS Custom motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console, DTS Headphone:X v1 or DTS Custom installed /!\
Uninstall them (Start > Settings > Apps) then restart your PC
Launch Driver Store Explorer > Check the boxes of all versions of drivers which .inf starts with (if you find them) :
a-volute | avolute | dts | extrtxusb | hdx | realtek | rtdusbad
Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button then restart your PC

INSTALL

Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > Automatic restart when install is done
Go in "Apps" folder > Install your apps from the Microsoft Store shortcuts

UPDATE

Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > Automatic restart when install is done

Note : Your apps will be updated automatically via the Microsoft Store.


OS requirements : Windows 10 64 bit or more recent.
Hardware requirements (AMD) : ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME motherboards with AMD 3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx/8xx series chipsets (except ROG with ALC40xx).
Hardware requirements (Intel) : ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME motherboards with Intel 2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx/7xx/8xx series chipsets (except ROG with ALC40xx).

Note : In order to know which drivers package to use, match the audio specifications of your motherboard with the apps or ask me.


TIPS :

If you want to manage the drivers (remove old/unused drivers for example) that you have in your Windows DriverStore
Use Driver Store Explorer (Right click on "Rapr.exe" > Run as administrator).

If you want better interrupts delivery latency
Enable MSI (Message Signaled-based Interrupts) mode on all your supported devices (see the column "supported modes") with
MSI Mode Utility (Right click on "MSI_Mode_Utility_v3.exe" > Run as administrator).

If you experience crackling, popping, audio stutter
Disable hibernation (Fast Startup included).
788 Views
3,120 REPLIES 3,120

Goofee79 wrote:
I'm having to run the mic volume and boost to max to get my mic sound ok with the current drivers on my z490-g. Will it help to update to these? Or should i wait for the official release?


Do you have an RTX graphics card by any chance? If you do, google "RTX Voice". I am running that on my z490-g with no issues. Loud and clear for everyone

mrunderwonder
Level 8
Anyone having an issue with the last two driver versions (9008 and 9013) and the 2H20 beta release of Win 10? Seems to be a change in RTKVHD64.sys that has it crashing Windows with system service exceptions for me. I already had an earlier driver version installed and did just the update and it caused windows to crash immediately and then continually on boot because of that file, even safe mode wasn't safe. Ultimately I had to use console to delete the file directly from the drivers folder just to get the computer working again. Even tried a clean install of 9013 after, which worked, but then when splitting the front and rear audio streams in advanced options, insta-crash with the same exception. But at least it would boot fine. This was odd because the 8984 release works just fine. Something changed and this beta no likey. Hopefully they work it out soonish the beta is almost over from what I hear.

Anyone got them install on 2H20 with no issues? Maybe its just my system.

Hi, thanks for the guide! I have the x570-E gaming mobo, I've installed the latest version from Asus' site that I guess is wrong.
Then I got the 2nd link's driver and installed it correctly following your guide, with the asus' driver from mobo site i couldn't get Studio & Radar to work at all, now with the 2nd like from first post studio works perfectly but radar crashes/closes right after I've opened it.
Now I am not using it, but it used to work! Did I pick the wrong driver maybe?

comfuzio13 wrote:
Hi, thanks for the guide! I have the x570-E gaming mobo, I've installed the latest version from Asus' site that I guess is wrong.
Then I got the 2nd link's driver and installed it correctly following your guide, with the asus' driver from mobo site i couldn't get Studio & Radar to work at all, now with the 2nd like from first post studio works perfectly but radar crashes/closes right after I've opened it.
Now I am not using it, but it used to work! Did I pick the wrong driver maybe?


Forgive me but I didn't see a reply to this.
I am now running the latest version of the driver from the 2nd link in the 1st post.
Sonic Studio III works like a charm, Radar III crashes as soon as it starts.
But my biggest problem is that with any driver that IS for this mobo (x570-E) every program or app I try to open (or maximize from the tray for the first time, after the first time, they open fast), delays very very very much!
When I had the wrong driver from Asus' site, everything was opening the instant I clicked on them, to the point I thought I had a new pc! But couldn't get Studio and Radar to run at all!
Now weather I try the original driver from Asus or any of the drivers here, I get this annoying delay when opening...everything!

comfuzio13 wrote:
Forgive me but I didn't see a reply to this.
I am now running the latest version of the driver from the 2nd link in the 1st post.
Sonic Studio III works like a charm, Radar III crashes as soon as it starts.
But my biggest problem is that with any driver that IS for this mobo (x570-E) every program or app I try to open (or maximize from the tray for the first time, after the first time, they open fast), delays very very very much!
When I had the wrong driver from Asus' site, everything was opening the instant I clicked on them, to the point I thought I had a new pc! But couldn't get Studio and Radar to run at all!
Now weather I try the original driver from Asus or any of the drivers here, I get this annoying delay when opening...everything!


Hi,

You have an ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboard, so :

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS MB) from the first post of this thread.

In addition, in order to fix your slowness issue :

- Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process
- Use this SS3 Cleaner tool (Right click on "A-Volute_SS3_Cleanup.exe" > Run as administrator) then restart your PC
- Follow scrupulously your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

You have an ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboard, so :

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS MB) from the first post of this thread.

In addition, in order to fix your slowness issue :

- Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process
- Use this SS3 Cleaner tool (Right click on "A-Volute_SS3_Cleanup.exe" > Run as administrator) then restart your PC
- Follow scrupulously your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process


I have done that minus the cleanup tool, I will re-do the whole process and report back! Thank you!

comfuzio13 wrote:
I have done that minus the cleanup tool, I will re-do the whole process and report back! Thank you!

That seemed to have done the trick! Thank you very much!
The only difference is that I've used the SS3 tool.
For the new driver, I shall only run the update procedure right?

mrunderwonder wrote:
Anyone having an issue with the last two driver versions (9008 and 9013) and the 2H20 beta release of Win 10? Seems to be a change in RTKVHD64.sys that has it crashing Windows with system service exceptions for me. I already had an earlier driver version installed and did just the update and it caused windows to crash immediately and then continually on boot because of that file, even safe mode wasn't safe. Ultimately I had to use console to delete the file directly from the drivers folder just to get the computer working again. Even tried a clean install of 9013 after, which worked, but then when splitting the front and rear audio streams in advanced options, insta-crash with the same exception. But at least it would boot fine. This was odd because the 8984 release works just fine. Something changed and this beta no likey. Hopefully they work it out soonish the beta is almost over from what I hear.

Anyone got them install on 2H20 with no issues? Maybe its just my system.


I had the same problem as you, so still running 9003 drivers.

Goofee79 wrote:
I had the same problem as you, so still running 9003 drivers.

Do you mean Windows 10 2004 (20H2), if so then I have no issues.

Goofee79 wrote:
I had the same problem as you, so still running 9003 drivers.


I was getting the Bluescreen when selecting playback two different audio streams simultaneously.

The fix that worked for me was to follow the initial cleanup instruction, leave my headphones unplugged. The booted back up, audio working on speakers, the go to enable two different audio streams simultaneously and it again picked up headphones and worked.

Hope that works for you too.